The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 183 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Oh, there's no doubt that there is plenty of opportunity for the government to get this wrong. It's just not a business that a whole lot of the general public have much sympathy for.
Certainly not, when the majority of them are seen as predators. Back in high school I rode with a guy who worked for the company that had the towing contract at the airport, after work, to make some extra money. Much different than having to scramble for crumbs after a collision.

Certainly not, when the majority of them are seen as predators. Back in high school I rode with a guy who worked for the company that had the towing contract at the airport, after work, to make some extra money. Much different than having to scramble for crumbs after a collision.

There's always a flipside to the coin.

aYo1LgV_700b.jpg

Dumb kid

Supposedly he (Nathaniel Veltman) was driving a black Dodge Ram pickup truck..

57 yo got tagged for 229 kph on 407 in a BMW. Interesting thing for me was cop got him with the laser at 837 meters. That's far. I don't know if I have seen one out that far before. May be an avenue for a challenge in court. Laser will be almost 9' wide at that distance. Theoretically there is a max distance where laser speed acquisition is admissible but I haven't seen that defined in case law.

57 yo got tagged for 229 kph on 407 in a BMW. Interesting thing for me was cop got him with the laser at 837 meters. That's far. I don't know if I have seen one out that far before. May be an avenue for a challenge in court. Laser will be almost 9' wide at that distance. Theoretically there is a max distance where laser speed acquisition is admissible but I haven't seen that defined in case law.

Wow. Going to guess the bmw was the only car around at the time, but 837m is FAR. In my younger days got pinged by a cop doing 9km over at 315m on my bike... when I stopped he ran over and was super excited, like it was a record or something 😆

Wow. Going to guess the bmw was the only car around at the time, but 837m is FAR. In my younger days got pinged by a cop doing 9km over at 315m on my bike... when I stopped he ran over and was super excited, like it was a record or something 😆
I was half wondering how the cop caught him, but cop had 13 seconds from getting the lock until the car passed him. Lots of time to pull out to block the highway and turn on the lights.

Wow that's 143mph, Cop must have been ****** catching the guy going that fast

Hooligan.
Yeah cops don't mess around in aus, that was in an 80 zone. It's very easy to lose your license for 3-6 months if your not paying attention. Had a gf once that lived 3 houses down from a school and a cop had a radar trap set up in the morning. Walked over and had a chat, he was booking people for 43 in a 40 zone...

Driver in thorold (Corolla?) runs stop sign at high speed, clips a kid crossing the road on a bike and keeps going.

Just saw this on IG

That kid is one lucky mofo

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have resisted on weighing in on this as there have been too little details released. I think that in itself is an issue. But let’s continue.

if this fellow committed a hate crime, he should go away forever as a dangerous offender or terrorist. My gut feel is that’s what he is.

I’m a 7th generation Canadian, my ancestors came in 1799 as economic refugees. We have always welcomed people who came here for the same reasons - or for any reasons.

im pretty sure everyone here has ancestors or themselves came to seek a better life, I’m saddened by the fact that some feel they entitlement ended with them.

Just saw this on IG

That kid is one lucky mofo

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

When I was 11 I knew not to ride through a crosswalk on the wrong side of the road. Doesn't excuse the Corolla running the stop sign, but he shouldn't have been where he was at the time.

Another 18 wheeler driven by a moron. Traffic slowed. Truck didn't. Kablammo. Pile up with at least one dead. Emergency braking on tractor trailers seems like a good idea. There are some great drivers but far too many are driven by idiots and the consequences of their screw up is normally bad.

Another 18 wheeler driven by a moron. Traffic slowed. Truck didn't. Kablammo. Pile up with at least one dead. Emergency braking on tractor trailers seems like a good idea. There are some great drivers but far too many are driven by idiots and the consequences of their screw up is normally bad.

I’ve often seen tractor trailers leaving a reasonable amount of space in front of them…only to see that buffer stolen from them by a bunch of self-entitled drivers looking to gain a car length or two by jumping lanes. Not saying that’s what happened in this case, but that’s a dangerous part of the 400 southbound that I tend to avoid whenever possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve often seen tractor trailers leaving a reasonable amount of space in front of them…only to see that buffer stolen from them by a bunch of self-entitled drivers looking to gain a car length or two by jumping lanes. Not saying that’s what happened in this case, but that’s a dangerous part of the 400 southbound that I tend to avoid whenever possible.

I'm ok with mandatory automated paintball guns on the front of trucks too. Spray paint on the back of cars that invade their space and cars will stop doing that.

As a bonus that helps others visually identify ahole drivers at a distance.

Unfortunately media tends to skew the story to make it the truck driver's fault in much the same way that the text always implies a motorcyclist was at fault in a collision, no matter what the facts of the incident actually are. More and more truck drivers are using dash cams these days, because of how often they are unjustly found at fault.

The thing is, you're supposed to drive in the right lane. Pass someone and then pull over in front.

That being said, you shouldn't cut someone off when they're braking or about to brake.

My buddy is a trucker...the stories he tells me about the newer drivers from the GTA would make your hair stand on end. And I look over at truckers when passing them on the highway, I see scary things. Like....left foot up on the dash, on their cell phone, and just driving stupid... Down where I grew up a bit west of London, it seems truckers fall asleep once past London...truck accidents down there all the time, where the traffic is the lightest between here and Windsor...Things ain't like they used to be, grasshopper....

Back
Top Bottom