Tesla model X | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tesla model X

nobbie48

Site Supporter
The gull wing doors look cool but is there any practical purpose. Because you can doesn't mean you should. Zero to $130,000 in the blink of an eye.

1590408932262.png

They're falcon wing, not gull wing. Another articulation point at the intersection of door and roof. They are interesting and they have some advantages in providing a large opening with minimal horizontal clearance but mainly they are for the wank factor. Last I heard, failure rate was pretty high too. When was the last time you had a car door hinge fail?

This was Elon Musk being Elon Musk. That's all. It was a bad idea from the get-go, but you can't tell Elon Musk that anything is a bad idea.

It seems that Tesla has finally learned this. The Model Y doesn't have these silly gimmicks.

There is one in Waterloo. Everytime i see it parked, the doors are up and nobody near it. Look at me, look at me!

Just get a Model Y and be done with it.

It's fully capable and all anyone really needs.

It's to keep tall people away from the car.

What’s up with Musk? As time has gone on he’s proved to be a massive knob.
He's always been a massive knob. A visionary knob, but a knob nonetheless. I kind of understand his attitude. If you see what you believe is a better way forward for the world, it is tiring to battle idiots that are trying to block you at every step of the way. On a macro level, most of musks ideas have been better than the existing system. On the micro scale, that means that Falcon wing doors exist as he won't listen when people tell him it is a dumb idea.

Is there only one model left? the Z? Whats he going to do after that. Start over? Model A is already taken.

The current model designations are S3XY - if you flip the 3 backwards - SEXY. Not a coincidence!

The known upcoming/vaporware models are Cybertruck, Roadster, Semi.

The current model designations are S3XY - if you flip the 3 backwards - SEXY. Not a coincidence!......

I can just imagine that meeting. "....Yes, I'm serious!" "Ok Elon. I was just wondering, thats all. Great idea. eye roll"

Back
Top Bottom