Temporarily - M1 not required for motorcycle M2 course | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temporarily - M1 not required for motorcycle M2 course

Thinking about going really early, but people really lining up the night before? :oops:
An article I posted before had two guys that showed up at 21:30 and only one made the cut the next day.

Another government embarrassment. If only essential things are supposed to be happening, M1 and G1 should have been fully shut down. They say one thing and do another and just make a muddy mess. Now you have people congregating from around the province, hanging out in close proximity for 12 hours and then going home. It's hard to imagine a worse system.

If you check the Google reviews of the place, some people mentioned people are getting turned away by even 5am because the lineup is already going out the building... I really don't understand the logic behind closing all locations but one.. doesn't this defeat the purpose of physical distancing?

An article I posted before had two guys that showed up at 21:30 and only one made the cut the next day.

Another government embarrassment. If only essential things are supposed to be happening, M1 and G1 should have been fully shut down. They say one thing and do another and just make a muddy mess. Now you have people congregating from around the province, hanging out in close proximity for 12 hours and then going home. It's hard to imagine a worse system.
Agreed! But covid seemed to have disappeared during the protest? Don’t motorcycle lives matter? ?

Last edited:
If you check the Google reviews of the place, some people mentioned people are getting turned away by even 5am because the lineup is already going out the building... I really don't understand the logic behind closing all locations but one.. doesn't this defeat the purpose of physical distancing?
I will not be lining up lol

Same here buddy, let my m2 expire a couple years ago, thought I'd never want to ride again so didn't care then, but here I am now with another bike and no license haha

Drivetest is now saying July 2nd as a possible opening date, hopefully they open by then. Otherwise I'll be riding in late fall by the time I get my license
I'm in the same boat. Waiting to get my M2. In the meantime bike gathering dust.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Same here buddy, let my m2 expire a couple years ago, thought I'd never want to ride again so didn't care then, but here I am now with another bike and no license haha
let me know when you get yours!

Got an update from the Learning Curves school today...

Courses will be running at reduced capacity. We’ve now decided that we must wait until social gatherings have increased from 5 to 10 people before we can open M2 courses. So we still do not have an official date in place for our opening weekend for M2.

As for the M courses, we think we can start right away. We’re ironing out the final few details in the next couple of days. We’re going to try for this weekend (May 30-31).

So, to boil it down, no M2 courses until the social gathering sizes are increased to 10.
@BigEvilDoer How did the course go?

There's talk of the limits going up outside of the GTA.
The course near me is polling instructors to see who can teach.
It might start up in the next month or so.

Did you get your M1 before the Drivetest closures?
Yes.

Just spoke to Learning Curves. In particular to the Markham location;
they may have lessons as early as this weekend. This issue now is that they don't have the use of the regular parking lot. The landlord has closed it. So they are looking for another location to use.

So we shall see.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It'll be interesting to see how they try and control the spread of COVID19 from the GTA, if they open up DriveTest Centres everywhere except.

It'll be interesting to see how they try and control the spread of COVID19 from the GTA, if they open up DriveTest Centres everywhere except.
Obviously they don't care about that. They are opening the beaches everywhere except GTA proper. Wtf. That is going to end poorly.

Obviously they don't care about that. They are opening the beaches everywhere except GTA proper. Wtf. That is going to end poorly.
Well, it's probably not the best time to set up a police cordon.

@BigEvilDoer How did the course go?

There's talk of the limits going up outside of the GTA.
The course near me is polling instructors to see who can teach.
It might start up in the next month or so.

Courses are starting in select locations starting this weekend.
I'm scheduled to teach in-class next Friday (covering for a guy who can't make it in) and teaching full weekend of June 19...

They've asked for instructor availability for July already though.

Courses are starting in select locations starting this weekend.
I'm scheduled to teach in-class next Friday (covering for a guy who can't make it in) and teaching full weekend of June 19...

They've asked for instructor availability for July already though.
If I take the course and get my certificate, can I get my M2 right away without doing my M1 since I've had my licence in the past?

Rumour has it, that the 22nd is the date for DriveTest.

If I take the course and get my certificate, can I get my M2 right away without doing my M1 since I've had my licence in the past?
I'm pretty sure everyone has to do the eye test.

Back
Top Bottom