Temporarily - M1 not required for motorcycle M2 course | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temporarily - M1 not required for motorcycle M2 course

If I take the course and get my certificate, can I get my M2 right away without doing my M1 since I've had my licence in the past?

As far as I know, you will still need to write the M1 before you can get your full M2. Since you've had the M1 before, you won't need to wait the 60 days before upgrading to M2.

Just spoke to Learning Curves. In particular to the Markham location;
they may have lessons as early as this weekend. This issue now is that they don't have the use of the regular parking lot. The landlord has closed it. So they are looking for another location to use.

That is correct. We cannot use the flagship location in Markham. Learning Curves is looking for an alternate location, but it's suprisingly difficult to do so.

If you're able to drive a bit to an alternate location, Learning Curves in St. Thomas, Waterloo and other locations are opening up according to Ontario's COVID-19 regulations.

That is correct. We cannot use the flagship location in Markham. Learning Curves is looking for an alternate location, but it's suprisingly difficult to do so.

If you're able to drive a bit to an alternate location, Learning Curves in St. Thomas, Waterloo and other locations are opening up according to Ontario's COVID-19 regulations.
No Honda HQ? whomp whomp

No Honda HQ? whomp whomp
Due to Covid restrictions.
Check the email that Tobias sent out to all the instructors.

I'm set to instruct with LC this year. With how we break down the learning an m1 or the 'text book' knowledge certainly isn't required.
Tbh, you dont ride the M1 on the street, and just the parking lot. M1 is essential, to know which side of the lane to occupy, and just regular safe riding skills. I did my M1 exit with LC too. They cover the stuff on the class version of it too, but being exposed to the same stuff twice helps to drive the point home, as most people dont really pay attention on the in class portion anyways (at least not me). Cuz you are trying to actually pass on an M1, you read through the material in more detail, and become an all around better rider.

is M1 waived still or a requirement again now? My buddy who is despreately trying to get in was told they must have M1 again, is this corret?

cheers
It would be best for him to call the learning curves office.
They will have all of the latest information.

All I know is that the mto was allowing the m2 course without the m1. But, before you can get the official license you need to write the m1 test, and then wait the 60 period before you can get the m2.

That may have been revoked by the mto by now. Again, best to call the office.

So...

Looks like this time next week I should have my M2.

Got a call from LC saying that they have an option for Etobicoke location. I confirmed that I'll take it. Just waiting for confirmation ad details.

?

Due to Covid restrictions.
Check the email that Tobias sent out to all the instructors.
Instructor candidates are waiting in the wings it seems due to restrictions on the amount of people allowed. whomp whomp

Here we go folks . . . (Finally !!!), teaching in Hamilton this weekend.
Now if I can just remember what the metal thingie on the left handlebar is . . . I'm sure its's important. ? Will check my notes.
A get back rope end?

Here we go folks . . . (Finally !!!), teaching in Hamilton this weekend.
Now if I can just remember what the metal thingie on the left handlebar is . . . I'm sure its's important. ? Will check my notes.
phone mount?
bicycle horn?
USB fan?

Back
Top Bottom