TD Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance

-Maverick-

Is TD getting out of motorcycle insurance? Their website for quotes has been down for weeks:

Just returns a broken link...

Or, the odd time it does work, and you fill in the fields and press Next, it goes to a blank page.

I'm hoping this is a technical glitch and not a sign of things to come!

I hope so , I got the TD introduction pricing, when it was time to renew everything was up 18-22 percent except the bikes , they were up 36%. I was told it’s the market and the discount for a professional association no longer applied. I moved everything.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I hope so , I got the TD introduction pricing, when it was time to renew everything was up 18-22 percent except the bikes , they were up 36%. I was told it’s the market and the discount for a professional association no longer applied. I moved everything.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
You moved everything out of TD?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Wow eh? I guess it depends on your age and location. TD was one of the only companys that would insure me on a SS (only been riding 3 years) and they were $750 cheaper a year than the other company that would insure me.
I hope they don't get out of moto insurance, super good rates for me in comparison to others

Still with TD and just renewed with them. They were the cheapest out of anyone I contacted. Haven't seen anything about losing bike insurance.

Online quote estimator is working for me. It's back up now I guess. And hope TD doesn't go out of motorcycle insurance business. Very few insurers that insure all bike types at decent rates if you meet certain requirements.

Edit: nvm...it does go to a blank page after clicking on "next". Hope just a tech issue.

try calling them...they are still in the game, but with Aviva shutting down, they've been inundated with inquiries...hubby and I are with them, and I tried calling them but was on hold for like 45 minutes...just do something while you're holding for them...

They are not going anywhere, TD is firmly entrenched in the MC business.

My TD renewal is coming up on February. Just wondering if premium will be cheaper if I dont renew with TD on February and get insurance with them again on May to Feb when I actually start riding

My TD renewal is coming up on February. Just wondering if premium will be cheaper if I dont renew with TD on February and get insurance with them again on May to Feb when I actually start riding
I doubt that is worth the effort. Read the sticky on how insurance premiums are distributed. IIRC, feb and march are something like 1% of your premium, april is a bit higher. I can't see you saving more than 10% (and maybe losing more as your bike would be uninsured in the interim).

Keep your motorcycle insurance consistent...never have a lapse or you have to start over from the beginning again. Never cancel. Even if you have to buy a $100 dirtbike, insure it and throw it in a shed...you can still answer "have you had motorcycle insurance consecutively for six years or more?" Yes.

try calling them...they are still in the game, but with Aviva shutting down, they've been inundated with inquiries...hubby and I are with them, and I tried calling them but was on hold for like 45 minutes...just do something while you're holding for them...
Who uses the phone anymore? Who talks to people anymore? I'm being sarcastic...but seriously, who talks to people anymore? :)

Keep your motorcycle insurance consistent...never have a lapse or you have to start over from the beginning again. Never cancel. Even if you have to buy a $100 dirtbike, insure it and throw it in a shed...you can still answer "have you had motorcycle insurance consecutively for six years or more?" Yes.

IIRC there is an allowed window (three or six months???) where not having insurance doesn't reset your clock.

everything , two bikes, car, truck, house. The boats are on a different underwriter. We pay a LOT of insurance around here ....
I know the drill...it's sickening...makes me want to buy one bike and become a nomad :)

Asked this before, dirtbike (green plate) doesn't count toward continuous insurance i was told

My Husky te450 is $89/year for liability only with Desjardins. Everything else is with Td.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom