Tattoo questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tattoo questions

the bulk of my tattoos were anywhere between 8 - 13 hours long pieces. As you can imagine, after dropping thousands in cash on my talented, not so struggling artist, I'd be weary to give him a 15% tip. Now that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it, it just means:
1. He's not struggling for the money, and throwing more money at him, albeit nice, he doesn't necessarily need
2. He can already buy anything he wants, so again more cash, albeit nice, not necessary for him

I personally tip my artist with a gift when the piece is done. Something a bit more personal, ie. I bought him season 1 of Archer cuz I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

It depends on your artist, how well you know them, and how much time they've spent on your piece. Again, I spent a lot of hours having my skin scraped by mine, so I've gotten to know him pretty well. But if you're going in for a 1 hour piece, a cash tip would be appropriate =)

At the end of the day, a tip is something you give someone when they provide good service that's over and above the charge paid. Keep that in mind whenever dealing with anyone in the Service industry.

And Tattoo's are definitely in the service industry. If my guy did good work but I couldn't stand him for 6 hour sits...I would be switching.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom