Tank Grips | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tank Grips

Ricky6R

Site Supporter
Greetings all, I could use some advice on getting some grip pads for my gas tank. To be honest I'm not crazy about how they look, however I understand they are there for a purpose.

1. Are they are worth the investment?.... 2. D
o they really serve that big of a purpose? 3. What brand do you recommend?

I use stomp grips. They came on the bike, but I don't think I'd own one without them, even in jeans my legs feel like they aren't going anywhere in a lean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stompgrips have been known to rip/tear/scuff leathers/jeans.
Techspec Gripsters are less abrasive.

I love them, they are useful on the street, and vital for the track IMO. Properly being able to grip the tank is important to help keep your body in place when your not at constant throttle. At the track under hard acceleration/braking, keeps you in place and lets you steer the bike, by helping keeping the pressure off of your forearms.

Greetings all, I could use some advice on getting some grip pads for my gas tank. To be honest I'm not crazy about how they look, however I understand they are there for a purpose.

1. Are they are worth the investment?.... 2. D
o they really serve that big of a purpose? 3. What brand do you recommend?

If you don't like the look, you'll hate this. I got a little carried away, but they do serve a purpose.

Attachments

• IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 134
where is the cheapest place to purchase them?

talk to tony @ bluestreakracing.ca

I've used techspec C3 from Tony at BSR for the last 1 1/2 years. Good grip for street riding, protects the bike and looks fine on a black tank.

Also ordered my tech specs from BSR. They are great. They have zero signs of wear on them so far (couple of months of use). Unfortunately I put them on upside down but you can't really tell hahaha.

They are excellent for helping keep a distance between your groin and the tank when you hug the tank with your knees. When I ride my gf's R6 she has a small/lower tank with no tank grips and I just have to wedge my knees in somewhere behind the front fairings to prevent me from sliding towards the tank.

They also help you with correct body positioning as they give you a point of reference

Ordered tech specs from BSR. The reviews I read over at gixxer.com were spot on. You don't feel the tech specs much but they work. You have to develop a sense of trust that they are, in fact, there.

Stomp grips, on the other hand, you can REALLY feel but they are fugly =(

Stompgrips become painfull on daily use which I had on my Daytona but work the best. I would recommend these for track days.
Techspec Gripsters work well and help on daily rides and what I currently have on my zx6.

Depends on what you are riding, I got mine from BigHammer on SVRider, they are cheap, well made, I've had mine on for over a year, no noticiable wear and they grip well with out wrecking you clothing. He will also custom cut what ever you want. Shipping was quick as well.

I use stomp grips. They came on the bike, but I don't think I'd own one without them, even in jeans my legs feel like they aren't going anywhere in a lean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2nd the Stomp Grips. Hated how my jeans would slip sometimes, drove me mad.

Stompgrips become painfull on daily use which I had on my Daytona but work the best. I would recommend these for track days.
Techspec Gripsters work well and help on daily rides and what I currently have on my zx6.

I ride daily with them and have never noticed them to get painful but yes they are quite spikey I could see how that would annoy some people.

i got techspec snakeskin recently. helped me from sliding forward and gives me an option to use my core when my wrist needed rest. before the tank grips, the only option to support myself was all the weight on my wrist...

worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom