Tail light problems | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tail light problems

This is not a provincial regulation, it is a federal one:

[h=3]TABLE IV: LOCATION OF REQUIRED EQUIPMENT[/h] All Passenger Cars and Motorcycles, and Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, Trailers,and Buses of Less Than 2.05 m (80 inches) Overall Width

Turn signal lamps​
At or near the front - 1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable.​
On the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable.
At or near the front - 1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline at the same height, and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline of lamps) of 400 mm (16 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and headlamp is 100 mm (4 inches).
At or near the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 230 mm (9 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 100 mm (4 inches), when a single stop and tail lamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

Not less than 380 mm (15 inches), nor more than 2 110 mm (83 inches).​

Taken from Transport Canada: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-mvstm_tsd-tsd-1080rev4_e-688.htm#_Toc S5.3

All I know is my bike was deemed legal/safe for road use with these very same tail and indicators.

This is not a provincial regulation, it is a federal one: [h=3]TABLE IV: LOCATION OF REQUIRED EQUIPMENT[/h] All Passenger Cars and Motorcycles, and Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, Trailers,and Buses of Less Than 2.05 m (80 inches) Overall Width
Turn signal lamps​
At or near the front - 1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable.​
On the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable.
At or near the front - 1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline at the same height, and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline of lamps) of 400 mm (16 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and headlamp is 100 mm (4 inches). At or near the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 230 mm (9 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 100 mm (4 inches), when a single stop and tail lamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.
Not less than 380 mm (15 inches), nor more than 2 110 mm (83 inches).​
Taken from Transport Canada: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-mvstm_tsd-tsd-1080rev4_e-688.htm#_Toc S5.3
Thanks for that - and as you can see, this is not in the highway traffic act and as a result, not enforced by traffic cops. OEM MFG's must comply to this standard, and there is a way far off chance that a technician may fail a safety when changing ownership, but once the bike is registered and on the road, you are not going to be getting charged with this. Unless of course transport Canada pulls you over for an inspection which has happened to just about no-one on a sportbike ever.

All I know is my bike was deemed legal/safe for road use with these very same tail and indicators.
I'm not even sure that this would fall into part of the safety inspection. It's possible, but again, how many techs actually thoroughly look the bike over. Typically the things that can make them money are checked first - head/wheel/swingarm bearings, fork seals, brakes etc.

I'm not even sure that this would fall into part of the safety inspection. It's possible, but again, how many techs actually thoroughly look the bike over. Typically the things that can make them money are checked first - head/wheel/swingarm bearings, fork seals, brakes etc.

Not at Canadian Tire...I'll never go to a bike shop again for certification.

not by the bike now but here's where I found it... http://www.powersedge.com/pages/Oem...011)/TURN_SIGNALS/EX250JBF-2011/I16I1691F2730
KP-92069-0024=7dad8ad0.gif
Looks like you are right. Same info here. http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Replacing_turn_signal_bulbsSo then, looks like about 14 ohms per bulb will do it, I'd use the next lower commonly available size.Get something of sufficient wattage to dissipate the heat, like 20 watts or thereabouts.

Not at Canadian Tire...I'll never go to a bike shop again for certification.
True say, +1 to that. My last bike at can tire, they verified the sidestand kill switch worked and that was the complete extent of the inspection. Literally, 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom