Suzuki GS500F Help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki GS500F Help!

Hi, I recently bought an 04' GS500F and unfortunately crashed it soon after. The damage is really only on the front end; the front forks are pretty much broken off and a few fins on the oil cooler look bent, but I think that can be salvaged. Does anyone feel like taking on this kind of work? Or does anyone know a good mechanic who's not going to bleed me for every dollar I have. Willing to pay a reasonable amount.

Thanks for reading.

I can take this one on, I did the same work last fall on my 07 650 Bandit. I have a well equipped shop, and do bikes as my hobby. I am in hamilton, PM me if interested.

If you hit hard enough to smack the forks into the oil cooler you had better check the frame, wheel, triple......... there may be more damage than is apparent

If you hit hard enough to smack the forks into the oil cooler you had better check the frame, wheel, triple......... there may be more damage than is apparent

That's right.
If you attach 20 straight parts to one crooked part, you end up with 21 crooked parts.

Rest assured fellow members, as a 30+ year steel mill machinist, I know what to check for, how to check it, how to fix it, and if it is scrap. My reason for existence in the machine shop is to repair steel mill machinery when it wears out, and crashes. Vehicle crashes are horrendous, but mild compared to heavy machinery.

Since I'm in Hamilton area, I have to ask if you work for beer? Just for future reference, unless I manage to horribly mess up replacing my rear break pads and valve cover gasket.

Hi, I recently bought an 04' GS500F and unfortunately crashed it soon after. The damage is really only on the front end; the front forks are pretty much broken off and a few fins on the oil cooler look bent, but I think that can be salvaged. Does anyone feel like taking on this kind of work? Or does anyone know a good mechanic who's not going to bleed me for every dollar I have. Willing to pay a reasonable amount.

Thanks for reading.

Did you report your crashed bike to anyone? In my honda owners manual it says after a crash to have your bike inspected by the dealer. Suzuki is probably the same. Get Alcutter to help you out and then have it signed off by a suzuki dealer as fit for the road.

Back
Top Bottom