Super villains are real | GTAMotorcycle.com

Super villains are real

bigpoppa

I have chosen not to buy Amazon stock even though there is a potential to make money as I believe they do some good things, but many many things that I do not agree with (like treating most employees like crap that can easily be replaced so why not send more money up the tree). Hell, I own an Israeli defense contractor that makes drones that I believe is less evil and harmful to society than Amazon.

Any robotics economy will require consumers. Consumers can't consume if they don't have jobs to make money. The idea of a 100% robotics society is self-defeating unless we tax the machines and redistribute that wealth to the population.

No worries once he gets his AI dream going it will not be long before it sees him as redundant

This isn't a comforting thought unless you want Skynet lol

The way they toss returns into the landfill creeps me out.
The way things work now, some people order five similar things and return four.
The four then end up in the landfill.

Eventually, they'll start dicking you around on returns, as it will be more money going to the stockholders.
Another case of the few wrecking it for the many.

The way they toss returns into the landfill creeps me out.
The way things work now, some people order five similar things and return four.
The four then end up in the landfill.

Eventually, they'll start dicking you around on returns, as it will be more money going to the stockholders.
Another case of the few wrecking it for the many.
The most recent episode of marketplace covered this and was disgustingly wasteful.

The most recent episode of marketplace covered this and was disgustingly wasteful.

I saw the video and did the math. Mass production is the problem. There is so little labour in a product today it's cheaper to scrap it than fix it. The labour to redistribute the product requires individual attention, labour and judgement that often exceeds the value of the item.

If Guido the shoemaker spends four hours making a pair of $300 boots and one leaks, taking a half an hour to correct the problem makes the repair worthwhile. When a pair of boots is made by a machine in two minutes it's better to spend the time to just make another pair.

The mark up from manufacturer to big box is huge. I recall working for an OEM and getting a price for a $75 retail Smiths tachometer at $15.00. How do you pay someone $25 an hour to fix one? It takes longer to fix many things as it does to make them. Even repackaging is time consuming on a one off basis.

A number of years back I was given a bunch of birch 2 X 12 lumber in short lengths. I made 12" round cutting boards out of them. Once set up it took about five minutes each to bandsaw the rounds, router bevel the edges, belt sand the perimeter and finish sand. If the router gouged an edge or a hidden fault appeared it would have taken me an hour to trim the board down to a smaller size. I gave the boards away as gifts so cost wasn't an issue but if my income depended on them a marred one would have been firewood.

-79.92 (-2.32%)
At close: 4:00PM EDT

Curious, how many shares you gonna buy big spender?
Share price means nothing. Besides, anyone on a motorcycle message board should have at least some investable money. As light cycle said, we arent limited to board lots or even entire shares anymore. If I decide a company is worth my money, I never put less than 5K in as the transaction fees become relatively high and even if it hits big, if you only had a tiny amount in you didnt make that much. I normally try for 10+ in any investment. That limits diversity to an extent but makes me choose investments carefully.

I dont buy it because I dont like the philosophy nor the implications of him taking over the western world. Lots of other places where investments can grow without amzn.

Any robotics economy will require consumers. Consumers can't consume if they don't have jobs to make money. The idea of a 100% robotics society is self-defeating unless we tax the machines and redistribute that wealth to the population.
It's self defeating, but also self fulfilling in a free economy. If a company stops for a second to consider job loss it will be put out of business by one that is more focused on efficiency. Problem is, when we reach the tipping point, for how many years will we have a large pool of joblessness? Jeff can weather a failed economy way better than the average consumer.

People said the same **** about Bill back in the 90s. Now we love him (or most do I think). This is what industrialist do and this is how the masses treat them during their growth phase. All the power to him and what he has done. I'm sure he'll find his altruistic side once he's accomplishes the world domination. Till then, Vote for Kodos 2020!

People said the same **** about Bill back in the 90s. Now we love him (or most do I think). This is what industrialist do and this is how the masses treat them during their growth phase. All the power to him and what he has done. I'm sure he'll find his altruistic side once he's accomplishes the world domination. Till then, Vote for Kodos 2020!

I think the difference is, Microsoft just did software, amazon does EVERYTHING.

Damn looks like no one has bought in to amazons buy a halo ad campaign.
What a shame them squandering shareholders money...

Back
Top Bottom