Super cheap LTE GPS option for any of you looking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Super cheap LTE GPS option for any of you looking

Phalanx

full LTE gps tracker that is from samsung for $99 one time fee. has its own iphone/android app
currently, Bell has a promo where 12 months are free, after that its $5 flat per month. and u dont gotta have any services with bell.

i've had the gps for a few months and its really good. also beware, if u buy it, only buy it directly from bell or ur probably gonna buy one that is from the states and not compatible here
not sure how affective it would be, as members here have said even with a gps cops wont care to chase or hunt down the thief, and u'll probably still have to do an insurance claim

Last edited:
Not GPS. It uses cell towers to locate your location. LTE connectivity. I'd get one but no one would ever steal my slow vstrom ?

Not GPS. It uses cell towers to locate your location. LTE connectivity. I'd get one but no one would ever steal my slow vstrom ?

whats the diffe between a device using cell towers to locate your location vs gps? and what are the pros and cons ?

GPS uses satellites and is probably more accurate, but not sure.

" Most often this is done through triangulation between radio towers. GPS accuracy varies and could incorrectly place the victim's location at their neighbor's home. ... When indoors, GPS satellite signals can be easily blocked inside of buildings and homes. Using cell towers to detect location is not as accurate as GPS. "

All this time I thought Triangulation was more accurate given that cell towers tend to be closer in proximity (usually).

whats the diffe between a device using cell towers to locate your location vs gps? and what are the pros and cons ?

as a theft recovery device, not a whole lot of difference
you need to know that whatever you're protecting has been stolen
and start tracking it right away

the thiefs will look for this sort of device and remove it fairly quickly
and neither will work if the asset is put into a steel storage container

cell signal does do a better job of penetrating into buildings though
GPS is dead as soon as you go inside

and a GPS device will still need cell signal to report location remotely
the sats are one way comms only - down

GPS along with 3G or LTE is the most accurate and fastest, cell signals are stronger and faster but is less accurate especially in dense areas like urban settings. GPS is much more accurate but its slow in tracking on its own. Cell + GPS can give you live tracking down to seconds.

It doesn’t take much to block a GPS signal, that’s why almost all are sold with 3G or LTE tech.

There's a liquidation place in north Oshawa that has some really awesome cellular powered GPS trackers for $20. Bought one myself a few weeks ago. Might not use it for years until something comes along that dictates a job for it, but for $20, well, I'm good leaving that on a shelf in my garage in case that day arrives.

There's a liquidation place in north Oshawa that has some really awesome cellular powered GPS trackers for $20. Bought one myself a few weeks ago. Might not use it for years until something comes along that dictates a job for it, but for $20, well, I'm good leaving that on a shelf in my garage in case that day arrives.
Probably a paperweight most of those are 2g only and there is no more 2g I had a trackimo that was good until they turned off the 2g than paperweight. Had to buy a new one.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I hate thieves. I feel that putting a small vial off exotic isotopes somewhere on your bike and then calling a tip line to report a dirty bomb will have CSIS find your bike in no time.

Probably a paperweight most of those are 2g only and there is no more 2g I had a trackimo that was good until they turned off the 2g than paperweight. Had to buy a new one.

Nope, works on a variety of LTE frequencies. Also has a SMS only option if you don't want to use data at all. Checked before I bought it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom