Suit size for 5’9 175lbs? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suit size for 5’9 175lbs?

jamesjedi

Looking to buy a used suit. Can anyone recommend a suit size? I have looked at the charts. Charts are not very precise.

Thanks for any help.

Probably in the ballpark of 44 US / 54 Euro. Maybe 42 US / 52 Euro for a snug race fit. Buy your back protector first and bring it along when you test fit the suit.

Unfortunately every manufacturer sizes their suits differently. I have a Rev'it one piece, 5'7" 155 lbs. Size 46 euro, snug fit. Dainese has similar sizing. Also your build is going to determine sizing as well, if you carry your weight in the stomach vs the shoulders, skinny build vs athletic vs American... Long torso, short inseam, etc.

But 50/52 euro is a good place to start.

Thanks
I was hoping that maybe I could determine a size. I will have to try them on.

Super idea to bring back protection.

I second what Lightcycle and Wingboy state. Unfortunately most manufacturers cuts will vary greatly and your build type will determine what fits you.
I wear UA long sleeve Heatgear under my suit. If I didn’t wear that I would need a buddy to pull my first arm out otherwise I’d be stuck in it.

To add to the above, I'd suggest you opt for snug over loose.

In the event of a fall, you want the armor to stay in place and not move around, otherwise it won't be protecting the pointy bits it's supposed to be protecting.

Take it from someone who falls a lot...
Very good advice. If you can try it on and mount a race bike, even better. It won't necessarily feel comfy walking around.

Agree with Ash. I own a 44 US / 54 EU Alpinestars suit. I'm 5' 10" and 180 lbs now - snug fit with the back protector. Was 170 lbs when I first bought it and it was a perfect fit then, so should be in the ballpark for you.

Tried a couple of Dainese suits at GP Bikes too and could not find a good fit through the different sizes.

@psy675 has a one piece suit for sale on here in the clothing and gear for sale section...
Well, that got sold yesterday lol

Edit: I match the above description give or take. 5'10 and my weight fluctuates between 165-190. Start with 44/52 and if that's too tight one size above should do the trick.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. Advice is excellent.

Just looked at a suit that was on Kijiji. I’m not an expert, but it sure looked like a fake. Makes me second-guess all the suits that are for sale on Facebook and Kijiji.

I would really like to buy a used suit.

Last edited:
There's not a lot listed right now, but more stuff will show up in the spring. Fall is the best time for finding used gear, but spring is good too after people gain 10lbs over the winter and can't fit into it any more.

Also keep an eye on Re-Gear in Oshawa. They're a consignment shop, and they list most of their stuff on Kijiji. They usually put the motorcycle stuff into storage and switch over to snowmobile gear during the winter though.

Looking to buy a used suit. Can anyone recommend a suit size? I have looked at the charts. Charts are not very precise.

Thanks for any help.
I have a used one piece for sale if you want 250 comes with back and chest protector. Should fit we are around the same size.
be2dcf3551bff0c1e2b8b3861798bafc.jpg
29a9863ebb161856fada451a1703e8fc.jpg
3480a2fe7681bcdc848dd169a8d3496f.jpg

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Perhaps you are right? I’m just thinking that the protection is not as I may need.

Scuba Steve, what is the shoulder protection? Send me a pm. Cheers.

The protectors in almost all of these suits just slip in to pockets in the liner, so it's easy and cheap to replace them if you want something different. You can even customize the fit a bit if you choose something thinner or thicker. I've got a bag full of random armour pieces I've pulled out of various jackets and pants over the years.

Back
Top Bottom