Suggestion for downtown to Leslie/Sheppard Route - Rush Hour | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestion for downtown to Leslie/Sheppard Route - Rush Hour

EvolutionIV

Hi,

Does anyone have a route suggestion from downtown Toronto (Front/Yonge) to Leslie/Sheppard?

The DVP is getting hot and way too much traffic during rush hours :(

Thanks

leave earlier.

straight up yonge to shephard. For some reason Yonge isn't that bad always, mostly people just assume it will be so don't go there.

I agree Yonge is the best. If it is jammed up, there are plenty of options either just east or west of Yonge to bypass traffic. Yonge can get really bad in the little section between the 401 and Sheppard though, so you may want to head east at York Mills and go north along Bayview or Leslie.

If you have no bags on your bike, I also find Bayview straight up can be good, because it's plenty wide enough to creep by along the shoulder or where the parked cars are.

When I can't use the DVP to get out of the city, I usually use Don Mills (probably could use Bayview to get there). It'd be worth a shot, and you can use the HOV lane

I agree Yonge is the best. If it is jammed up, there are plenty of options either just east or west of Yonge to bypass traffic. Yonge can get really bad in the little section between the 401 and Sheppard though, so you may want to head east at York Mills and go north along Bayview or Leslie.

If you have no bags on your bike, I also find Bayview straight up can be good, because it's plenty wide enough to creep by along the shoulder or where the parked cars are.

Great! Thanks for your tip.

When I can't use the DVP to get out of the city, I usually use Don Mills (probably could use Bayview to get there). It'd be worth a shot, and you can use the HOV lane

I usually use Don Mills in the morning and enter the DVP at Overlea, but the DVP to overlea piece its too jammed up in the evening. I love the HOV lane though, but there are a lot of hills and intersections for people to turn out.

Took Yonge Street a bit after 6pm last night, wasn't too bad. Just gotta be careful on the hills and many driveways for cars to turn out!

Hi,

Does anyone have a route suggestion from downtown Toronto (Front/Yonge) to Leslie/Sheppard?

The DVP is getting hot and way too much traffic during rush hours :(

Thanks
Go north on Jarvies, continue onto Mont Pleasant right on Lawrence, left on Bayview (a bit of a ***** for a block over the bridge) right on Bridal Path, left on Lawrence, left on Leslie up to sheppard

Trust me on this one

Go north on Jarvies, continue onto Mont Pleasant right on Lawrence, left on Bayview (a bit of a ***** for a block over the bridge) right on Bridal Path, left on Lawrence, left on Leslie up to sheppard

Trust me on this one

There is a short cut through Glendon college to the Bridal path ;)

There is a short cut through Glendon college to the Bridal path ;)
There is? I am gonna need that for when I move into your hood

Trust me on this one

I used to commute every day from Scotia Plaza to Yonge /Sheppard. This is DEFINATELY the best route.

Trust me on this one

Sounds like a good route and thanks for the advice, I'll check it out on Thursday (if it doesn't rain). I have beach vball tomorrow and probably going for a quick one after. No drinking and riding :)

west on front to parliament
turn left to go north on parliament to king
turn right to go west on king to river st
turn south (due to construction) to bayview north
go north on bayview to eglinton or (turn right to go west on McRae Dr., just south of eglinton McRae will merge into Laird.)
and go west on eglinton to leslie
north on leslie to sheppard.

Bayview to Eglinton to Don Mills (motorcycle lane here) to Sheppard

1) I don't suggest you taking Leslie up because it has highway (401) exit and gets traffic at times.
2) Bayview has some nice turns to lighten your day

west on front to parliament
turn left to go north on parliament to king
turn right to go west on king to river st
turn south (due to construction) to bayview north
go north on bayview to eglinton or (turn right to go west on McRae Dr., just south of eglinton McRae will merge into Laird.)
and go west on eglinton to leslie
north on leslie to sheppard.

Bayview to Eglinton to Don Mills (motorcycle lane here) to Sheppard

1) I don't suggest you taking Leslie up because it has highway (401) exit and gets traffic at times.
2) Bayview has some nice turns to lighten your day
you guys must ride cruisers, like to get to places verrrrryyyyyy ssssloooooowwwwwlllyyyy

Back
Top Bottom