Suggestion for 2 nighter ride on long weekend. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestion for 2 nighter ride on long weekend.

Thinking about getting some friends together and doing a 2 night ride somewhere on the May long weekend. With this bunch we typically like to go to a point B, check into a hotel/motel, and use that as a base of operations for rides through the day.

Accordingly, somewhere with some decent riding in the vicinity for day trips

We’ve all done lake placid a few times now so I’m thinking elsewhere. Pennsylvania is in mind (passed through some of the nice areas there last year) but I’m not entirely confident on an exact destination.

Suggestions?

lodge at Glendorn

Stayed at the 1819 Red Brick Inn near Watkins Glen last fall. It’s actually in Dundee NY.

Toured around the finger lakes with plenty of interesting roads.

Lots of wineries and distilleries throughout the region for stoping points to view the area. Don’t have to drink at each place. Some have good food too.

Reasonable pricing. Just stay off the Interstates and take the secondary roads and enjoy the ride.

Stop where ever something catches your eye.

Highly recommend for a short 2 night get away.

Also, the bed and breakfast is run by a great family. Food is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some relatives of mine have stayed at Glendorn...very nice place.
We normally stay in Bradford PA at the Best Westen.
The manager always gives us a great rate cause we are Canadian.
There's a bar on-site and its a short walk to the Beefeater for dinner.
Here are some POI
Rimrock Overlook
Cook Forest SP and Cooksburg Cafe and the ride along 2002 River Rd.
This little gem Dam Inn
Kinzua Bridge
Watch the hang gliders atop Hyner Park
Lunch at Black Forest Inn
414 Jersey Mills to Morris
The town of Wellsboro
Old Antlers Inn
Gin Mill Ellicottville NY

IMG-20190608-134932.jpg

IMG-20190608-134358.jpg

IMG-20190608-131829.jpg

IMG-20190608-104849.jpg

IMG-20190608-090534.jpg

IMG-20190608-085905.jpg

I second the VT/Maine area. Great roads and scenery there. Conway would be a great place to stay (I've stayed there a couple times) with hitting the Mt Washington and White Mountain areas on day one. Head over to Maine and pick a destination there for day two then head home on day three.
I've done PA a bunch and it's great for sure, but if you've done it I say try some place you haven't been and have an adventure.

I second the VT/Maine area.
bit tough for two days.

•••••

Stayed at the 1819 Red Brick Inn near Watkins Glen last fall. It’s actually in Dundee NY.

Not far to Corning NY and the Glass Museum. Good lunch and an interesting visit.

Letchworth State Park also an excellent lunch stop.

I'm not help. Every time I get an idea to suggest then plug it into google maps and they're all 3k in 3 days. I've heard of some nice riding in Ohio. Try googling the Windy 9 but you're still looking at an 800km ride on the first and last day. Probably Mt Tremblant and upstate Penn are your two options. I would imagine the mosquitos will be awful in either place so don't plan on much sitting outdoor time!

Thanks all. Appreciate all the suggestions.

Some we've already done, and others are unfortunately too long distance wise for the group at hand to really be interested in for a 2 night thing, but I'll keep them in my back pocket for longer trips in the summer, for sure.

I think we've decided on upstate PA, right in the Susquehannock and Allegheny area - I remember on a last second trip through there last summer that it was hard to find a bad road, and at only 4-5 hours from our neck of the woods, it fits the bill as well.

Wellsboro Pa.

@DoubleJ We almost stayed in Wellsboro last year - was tempted by the closeness to the Finger Lakes. It looks like a nice town - albeit maybe a bit boring?
Would be interested in hearing your thoughts about what you liked etc.

Cheers

Rob

Back
Top Bottom