Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 336 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I can Imagine the costs, later down the road I met older drivers who just told me to save the money and get a car already done by engineers for the purpose, like a Porsche or something. I got a MK6 2.5L golf now, love it. How's the Mk7 with the 1.4T? I debated getting one, though I drove the new Mazda 3 hatch, and it has a 2.5L, comes in AWD, the new ones are turbo, and very fuel efficient, so may leave VWs for a bit, the Golf's German made pedigree is gone too.
1.4 is a very solid bump in fuel efficiency while not losing a lot of stock power. It would be really hard to justify a TDI over a 1.4 with the added maintenance costs, DEF fluid and diesel prices all over the map. 1.4 does substantially reduce the power potential if you want to extract more from it. If you want awd, they give you the 1.8 or 2.0 depending on the body you want.

Edit:
Just for entertainment, here is what people are getting out of the 2.0 when they turn the screws. This guy is flirting with needing internal engine work. Over 500 hp and things start to break. He has a big turbo and water meth, I would guess e85 and mpi as well. 581hp, 506 tq for those that cant see the dyno plot. His 100-200 time is <6 seconds.
120656225_176034240803522_8100610051471068034_n.jpg

Last edited:
Use to do the VW shows. I owned the MkII category if I entered mine
I'd sell a kidney for a clean mk2 GTI. My favourite gen by far.

I can Imagine the costs, later down the road I met older drivers who just told me to save the money and get a car already done by engineers for the purpose, like a Porsche or something. I got a MK6 2.5L golf now, love it. How's the Mk7 with the 1.4T? I debated getting one, though I drove the new Mazda 3 hatch, and it has a 2.5L, comes in AWD, the new ones are turbo, and very fuel efficient, so may leave VWs for a bit, the Golf's German made pedigree is gone too.

I'm quite impressed with it. The older 1.8T has about 20 hp on it but torque is similar and with the 8 speed auto it's decently quick too, nicely spaced ratios and very well behaved. I'm averaging mid 6L/100km and have gone to low 5s when trying to be efficient. The old 2.5 had great torque and sounded good but was a pig on gas compared to the turbo cars.

My mk6 was full bolt on stage 2, putting down about 280hp and over 320 lb ft of torque with a stage 3 clutch and flywheel and full suspension build. Upgraded brakes, chassis reinforced, the whole 9. I think it weighed about 3200lbs? It moved lol...

That thing still got 600 km to a tank if I kept out of the boost which was set at 20psi iirc. Didn't happen often though lol.

"Rebuilt in my kitchen". Looks like he used most of it. LOL.

Yikes. Normally, I wouldn't want to crap on something that someone put love and time into, as everyone has to start somewhere.

But asking $9500 for a high school shop project bolted to a corroded motor shows a serious lack of self-awareness. I admire how he turns a bug into a feature by saying, "Some options left to customize if desired as a project."

Absolutely one of a kind, indeed...

Yikes. Normally, I wouldn't want to crap on something that someone put love and time into, as everyone has to start somewhere.

But asking $9500 for a high school shop project bolted to a corroded motor shows a serious lack of self-awareness. I admire how he turns a bug into a feature by saying, "Some options left to customize if desired as a project."

Absolutely one of a kind, indeed...
I especially like the exposed hex head bolt as part of the seat.... seems comfy..

My nuts.jpg

I especially like the exposed hex head bolt as part of the seat.... seems comfy..

Equally perplexing is the fact that the padding on the back of the seat is recessed into the wood, rendering it useless for all but the most microscopically posteriored rider...

Zooming in on any photo does not reveal new levels of attention to detail. Instead, it reveals a rusty frame, corroded motor and forks, possible electrical tape on the plug cap, 'custom grips' held on with a plastic zip tie, peeling veneer, nothing measured but rather eyeballed (read: cockeyed), and the simple reinforcement of the concept that making a vehicle that is exposed to the elements out of leather and wood is a bad idea, hence why nobody does it...

Back
Top Bottom