Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 282 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

What is the bottom price for a running Harley? Obviously an old sportster with stupid ape hangars isn't as desirable as a Fat Boy, but I would be surprised if the bottom was below two or three thousand (for a potato bike, I could see V-rods following import prices as they are desired by a different market).
Value is subjective I suppose, if you really like something you'll pay. I've always believed a product is worth what the buyer feels it's worth. It's all perception.

Old Honda CBs for example, I really like those bikes but don't see the value in them at current prices.

Personally I don't care for Harleys (with a few exceptions) and wouldn't buy it for any price, but someone might think that 2-3k is insane money for a bike like that. Someone else might think 5k is a steal.

CBR125 Stunt bike with welded on stunt cage. $550

$_59.JPG

Value is subjective I suppose, if you really like something you'll pay. I've always believed a product is worth what the buyer feels it's worth. It's all perception.

Old Honda CBs for example, I really like those bikes but don't see the value in them at current prices.

Personally I don't care for Harleys (with a few exceptions) and wouldn't buy it for any price, but someone might think that 2-3k is insane money for a bike like that. Someone else might think 5k is a steal.

You're confusing personal value with worth. There's a certain price range for a specific vehicle in a specific market, regardless of whether you desire it or not.

2012 Super Tenere for $16k, can buy brand new for probably $17-18k. But this has "every single option" and "lots of aftermarket parts"

2012 Super Tenere for $16k, can buy brand new for probably $17-18k. But this has "every single option" and "lots of aftermarket parts"

[/URL][/URL]
I hope they like that bike, they will have it for a while. Once the price crosses 10K, the pool of buyers falls off a cliff. At least they got the bike dirty the one day they bothered to ride it in the last seven years (maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much).

He also has a 2011 Wheelchair accessible short bus for $3500. That could make a good track hauler for someone.

cool
an ADV poseur
bike and luggage plastered with stickers
not one of them from actually being anywhere
of course a 7 year old bike with < 3km has not actually been anywhere
even keeps it dirty like a real ADV geek
would look very impressive in the Starbucks parking lot

is it just me?
or should a dude wear a stainless steel cup riding that thing?
ditto.
I would be worried about accidentally touching the rear tire while riding it.

Reactions: J_F
I really hope a newbie buyer doesn't get ripped off lol!
Can get brand new 2018 off showroom floor for $5400.....but wait, oil changed every 1000km with full synthetic ?
Mint Yamaha R3 - TONS OF EXTRAS! | Sport Bikes | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji
Haha, that is yearly oil changes. Did you notice the "PRICE DROP TO 6000". What a deal. /s

The GP exhaust is even better. Short of installing blue flashing lights and a siren on your bike, it is hard to increase your heat score above that.

Given the stupid blue HID conversion and exhaust mods, it is refreshing to see that the fender eliminator leaves a legible license plate and decent turn signals.

I really hope a newbie buyer doesn't get ripped off lol!
Can get brand new 2018 off showroom floor for $5400.....but wait, oil changed every 1000km with full synthetic
Mint Yamaha R3 - TONS OF EXTRAS! | Sport Bikes | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji
Kijiji ads are getting more and more insane. Friend was looking for a rebel 300. Found some used ones listed for 6k, which is more than what it retails for.

In any case, noob or not, people need to do some research before purchasing anything used. Whoever gets fooled into purchasing that for 6k probably deserves it

Haha, that is yearly oil changes. Did you notice the "PRICE DROP TO 6000". What a deal. /s
The GP exhaust is even better. Short of installing blue flashing lights and a siren on your bike, it is hard to increase your heat score above that.
Given the stupid blue HID conversion and exhaust mods, it is refreshing to see that the fender eliminator leaves a legible license plate and decent turn signals.
I had the GP exhaust on my R3 and it actually sounded freakin good. Looks loud, but its not LOL! I miss having a 300 :( they are wicked bikes

I had the GP exhaust on my R3 and it actually sounded freakin good. Looks loud, but its not LOL! I miss having a 300 :( they are wicked bikes
So do I actually, so comfy, and a 10$ tank would get me back and forth from work for a week.

Back
Top Bottom