Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I'm more amazed that no one confronts these people in the for sale thread, instead whine about it here.

I've sent a couple replies to some kijiji ads with outrageous prices for an old bike telling them how they're asking way too much. Most of them are dealers trying to get rid of a damaged bike.

In November i got myself a 03 R6 for 3100$. Not in the greatest shape bodywork-wise, but it was mechanically sound. Given the average prices I saw for a second gen R6, I felt I got a good deal.
Then as I peruse kijiji ads out of boredom at work, I see a dealer selling a second gen R6 for 3500$....post-accident. Oh and he wanted HST+licensing as well.
I made a list of all the parts I could see in the pictures that were wrecked/damaged and would need to be replaced, which was pretty much all the major components, and sent him an email saying how terrible of a price that is for his pile of broken parts. You would need to spend at least 2k just to make it a trackbike with no fairings.

All my time and effort was not satisfied though, as his reply was "you have too much time on your hands".

My contribution to this thread is probably this bike: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1999-Yamaha-r6-W0QQAdIdZ437108153

First gen R6, potentially suffers from unofficial second gear issue.
Ugly as hell paint job.
Major cracks in some plastics.
Seat torn, possibly from laying it down?
I don't see windscreen bolts...
Who knows what else, terrible pictures.
4000$

Ya no thanks. Never in a million years.
It's as if people think they should get their full money back for mods like slip-ons, HIDs and custom paint jobs.
Sorry to say that custom paint jobs don't necessarily add value to a vehicle in my eyes. You painted it the way you like and it doesn't make the bike any better. In fact, if the paint shop didn't do it right, it can actually make it worse. Customization is not an investment.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't that the k8/k9/k10 gsxr 600/750 headlight? Isn't the '07 more mushed up looking.

its right there in the ad " 2008 headlights and fairing(better look)" or let me translate for those who might be mushy with these ads, what he's really trying to say is that the bike was cartwheeled across 4 lanes of highway and he could only find 08 bodywork lol

BTW Thats a great bike for anyone who might be attending the pride parade :)

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't that the k8/k9/k10 gsxr 600/750 headlight? Isn't the '07 more mushed up looking.
That bike is the frankenstein of GSX-R's.
Tail is from an 06/07, red tank with blue tank fairing, aftermarket Rizla fairings off of an 08...
What a piece of crap!

its right there in the ad " 2008 headlights and fairing(better look)" or let me translate for those who might be mushy with these ads, what he's really trying to say is that the bike was cartwheeled across 4 lanes of highway and he could only find 08 bodywork lol

BTW Thats a great bike for anyone who might be attending the pride parade :)

Ah, must of missed that part when I was reading it.

I also don't attend the pride parade ;) although maybe the next one I might. There's generally too much faggotry for me to enjoy them though.

However, I'll buy the headlight if he's willing to part.

Ah, must of missed that part when I was reading it.

I also don't attend the pride parade ;) although maybe the next one I might. There's generally too much faggotry for me to enjoy them though.

However, I'll buy the headlight if he's willing to part.

Lol at the second line.

I find it flattering

I get very bored at work sometimes, I have an email account setup that I use specifically for replying to overpriced ads telling them as much. Been doing it for about a week, hit maybe 15 ads so far, suprisingly no one has responded back yet

Buddy here with your 2011 ZX6r listed for 9500 wonder why its not selling..? because Kahuna had em for less than that brand new.
And the guy saying his Ninja 1000 would have sold as a SS a few years ago, have you not noticed how high the damn handlebars are compared to any SS?
You can replace handlebars for like $100. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom