Stunt Charge | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stunt Charge

I think she uses GTAM in a similar way that I do, mainly for entertainment.
Sometimes trolling, sometimes venting, sometimes normal posts....whatever mood she happens to be in.
Meh.
I can't seem to get myself to hit the ignore button. I love being reminded that there are some truly daft people out there. It is really unlike me to resort to name calling but in this case I will make an exception especially since virtually every one of her threads contains some kind of insult.

Someone who doesn’t want a stunt ticket turned into a criminal charge of flight from Police and risk screwing up their entire life with a criminal record and jail time?
Was this even a serious question?
Yes its a serious question, so DON'T wheelie then. You don't want criminal charges? Don't do criminal stunts. That was my point. It looks like for you it's okay to wheelie in public streets as long as you stay on the spot to get a ticket. Is that even a serious proposition?

You realize that's actually a MASSIVE WIN, right?

Careless is an extremely serious charge.

"Improper left turn" is a low severity ticket in the grand scheme of things.

Careless driving or Dangerous driving is a kiss of death when it comes to insurance for 3 years, carries 6 demerit points, and a fine of up to $2500. You also risk your insurer refusing to renew you or outright cancelling you.

Improper left turn will be handled much more generously as a simple points infraction - 2 points, $110 ticket, and if there was no accident involved your insurance company might not even care. If there *was* an accident involved, well, even having a ticket completely dismissed will not change the outcome of your insurance company dinging you for it, but it could be the difference between a rate increase (or being able to use your accident forgiveness and walk away clear) versus the double whammy of the accident claim AND the careless charge and getting cancelled immediately.

This is a win... a BIG win.
Okay, but I could have gotten that myself without hiring a "fighting ticket expert". The court offers that to you for FREE if you show up in court to fight your own ticket. I have won 4 tickets (completely withdrawn) fighting for myself. In all 4 of them they offered me a lesser charge and lesser points, I told them I was there to fight in a trial not to negotiate. In one of those cases the cop wasn't even there and the cunning court was trying to negotiate with me, knowing fully well that the cop wasn't going to show up. Everybody else on that cop's list was charged with lesser fines and less demerit points LOL. I was told to "sit down for a minute" while they charged everybody else, then after 10 mins the crown lady tells me; "You are free to go sir, the officer is not here".

Okay, but I could have gotten that myself without hiring a "fighting ticket expert"

Very debatable.

I agree getting a 30 over speeding ticket reduced to a 10 over can almost certainly always be accomplished yourself without the need for representation.

Careless to a simple left turn ticket, not so easy. The person handling the ticket would have actually have to provide some evidence to make that one convincing enough in court to not be laughed straight outa there. Careless is only one step behind Dangerous (which is a criminal offence) and the courts don't view them lightly.

If he got off there was probably some extenuating circumstance the representation seized upon to make it happen. Just going to the early resolution meeting and/or standing up in court and complaining to the justice that the charge hurt your feelings and is "gonna mess up my insurance" won't fly.

Very debatable.

I agree getting a 30 over speeding ticket reduced to a 10 over can almost certainly always be accomplished yourself without the need for representation.

Careless to a simple left turn ticket, not so easy. The person handling the ticket would have actually have to provide some evidence to make that one convincing enough in court to not be laughed straight outa there. Careless is only one step behind Dangerous (which is a criminal offence) and the courts don't view them lightly.

If he got off there was probably some extenuating circumstance the representation seized upon to make it happen. Just going to the early resolution meeting and/or standing up in court and complaining to the justice that the charge hurt your feelings and is "gonna mess up my insurance" won't fly.
My wife should had gotten a ticket for an improper left-turn right from the get-go, it would have saved taxpayer's money because we wouldn't have fought it.

Cops have a bad habit of charging people at accidents, it's called an "accident" for a reason, you didn't want it to happen. I was riding with someone who lost control in the snow and hit a rock wall. The police came. The cop wanted to charge him with careless driving. I told the cop my friend was not careless, there's snow on the ground so things slide. The cop then tries to intimidate me by telling me not to interfere if I wasn't the driver, I told him I am involved because I'm a witness and that he should be ashamed of himself for trying to prevent me from acting like a witness. He said he was still going to write up the charge, I said go ahead, your ticket means nothing until a judge approves it. I told the cop to write down on his notes my name and that I was a witness, I also took a picture of the cop at the scene just for posterity.

In the Summer my friend went to court, I also went of course. At court I told the judge that we were driving slowly and because the city had not plowed or salted the road we skidded into the wall. The judge asked if we were speeding, I said how can we speed when the downhill curve has a posted speed limit of 30 km/h? We were going at 20 km/h max because it was snow covered. I then told the judge that the cop proceeded to give us a ticket quickly after I argued with him that we were not speeding and that he also tried to intimidate me at the scene and prevent me from doing my duty of a witness. The judge didn't said anything just wrote down something in his bench.

He dismissed the charge. It's simple, use your mouth a lot. It even works with girls, believe me.

Okay, but I could have gotten that myself without hiring a "fighting ticket expert". The court offers that to you for FREE if you show up in court to fight your own ticket. I have won 4 tickets (completely withdrawn) fighting for myself. In all 4 of them they offered me a lesser charge and lesser points, I told them I was there to fight in a trial not to negotiate. In one of those cases the cop wasn't even there and the cunning court was trying to negotiate with me, knowing fully well that the cop wasn't going to show up. Everybody else on that cop's list was charged with lesser fines and less demerit points LOL. I was told to "sit down for a minute" while they charged everybody else, then after 10 mins the crown lady tells me; "You are free to go sir, the officer is not here".

And after your cunning efforts in court you still chose to get your wife representation that, in fact, worked for her. As PP said, the reduction from careless is not so easy. You parted with $300.00 rather than much more and the grief on top of that for years dealing with your insurance company.

I am surprised you didn't pull some ridiculous statistic out of your ass. Along with calling everyone an idiot, you seem to love amounting your perception to some concocted statistic.

And after your cunning efforts in court you still chose to get your wife representation that, in fact, worked for her. As PP said, the reduction from careless is not so easy. You parted with $300.00 rather than much more and the grief on top of that for years dealing with your insurance company.

I am surprised you didn't pull some ridiculous statistic out of your ass. Along with calling everyone an idiot, you seem to love amounting your perception to some concocted statistic.
The only reason I got her a legal traffic-fighting guy was that I listened to my co-workers, I had never used one so I gave it a try. He claimed he was an OPP officer for 15 years so I said okay he should know his gang and the tricks of the trade, maybe he can get it thrown out.

I still had to deal with my insurance company, she got 2 demerit points and a $250 ticket even with the lesser charge.

There was little to zero chance of getting a careless charge completely thrown out.

Take your lumps and move on. It could have been way worse. An improper left turn ticket is pfft. Your insurance company was almost certainly waaay more concerned about the actual claim (assuming you had one) than the ticket after the fact. Even if the ticket was completely thrown out for some reason your insurance company is still going to ding you on the claim - the lack of a ticket for a single vehicle (IE, entirely at fault) accident doesn't make the claim suddenly become not at fault.

The only reason I got her a legal traffic-fighting guy was that I listened to my co-workers, I had never used one so I gave it a try. He claimed he was an OPP officer for 15 years so I said okay he should know his gang and the tricks of the trade, maybe he can get it thrown out.

I still had to deal with my insurance company, she got 2 demerit points and a $250 ticket even with the lesser charge.
Beats the **** out of a careless charge. All of these services target for a reduction or dismissal if they can deliver it. Of course, the better the result, the more likely people are to refer services. Then again, some people are never satisfied.

Are these the same idiot co-workers that won't retire because they lived through a different time and are probably immigrants and only know how to work and provide for their families?

You got exactly what you paid for and to suggest that the OP try to fight a stunting charge on his own because you have keyboard confidence is irresponsible.

Now that we have derailed this thread, why am I willing to bet that you rode your wife's ass for getting in the accident in the first place? I'm 100% sure of this.

Well, if someone made an improper left and "T'Boned" me... They're getting sued too:)
Yeah, the guy sued, my wife, the insurance company. Claimed he couldn't walk after, couldn't use his arms, he even sent an invoice for a $7,000 special therapeutic bed because he claimed he couldn't sleep at night. Both my wife and me got called up by the insurance company. I showed them an iPhone video of the guy walking and ducking down to inspect his vehicle after the accident. I was there only 10 mins after the accident. They asked for a copy of the video and I told the insurance company I would gladly take the stand against him if they ever needed me, I asked for the accident adjuster's cellphone number and email to keep me updated on the claim. The guy was seeking $800,000 dollars. When I contacted the adjuster after the trial/settlement he said the guy only received $27,000 ? 27k for a 3-year wait pretending he was injured. Half of that went to his lawyer of course. It was only a deep scratch from the back door to his fender, my wife never touched his door, and she must have hit him at 15 km/h.

Last edited:
Yeah, the guy sued, my wife, the insurance company. Claimed he couldn't walk after, couldn't use his arms, he even sent an invoice for a $7,000 special therapeutic bed because he claimed he couldn't sleep at night. Both my wife and me got called up by the insurance company. I showed them an iPhone video of the guy walking and ducking down to inspect his vehicle after the accident. I was there only 10 mins after the accident. They asked for a copy of the video and I told the insurance company I would gladly take the stand against him if they ever needed me, I asked for the accident adjuster's cellphone number and email to keep me updated on the claim. The guy was seeking $800,000 dollars. When I contacted the adjuster after the trial/settlement he said the guy only received $27,000 ? 27k for a 3-year waitpretending he was injured. Half of that went to his lawyer of course. It was only a deep scratch from the back door to his fender, my wife never touched his door, and she must have hit him at 15 km/h.

A neighbour made a bone headed turn and caused a crash. The other driver refused medical assistance on site, refused to go to a hospital.

A week later the guy or an accomplice handed my neighbour a claim for a million dollars. He must have been watching too much US TV.

I showed them an iPhone video of the guy walking and ducking down to inspect his vehicle after the accident.

Adrenaline is an interesting thing.

When I wrecked in 1994 I literally went through the back window of a hatcback, did a superman through the car, and cracked the inside of the windshield with my helmet.

I was bleeding profusely from a wound on my neck. Anyone who's ever met me has probably seen the scars.

I'd unknowingly shattered my right wrist into a million pieces.

I also crawled back out of the car, walked around in the middle of the road, picked up my motorcycle off the road (from completely turtled on it's side, no small feat for a 1980's tank of a 4 cylinder sport bike) and was trying to figure out what to do next. When a city bus stopped, blocked the road, and the driver came out yelling at me to sit down before I fell down...that was when I realized something was wrong. Was also the same moment I noticed my shirt was drenched with blood.

Didn't even realize the wrist was broken until 3-4 hours later in the hospital after they'd stitched me up. Hand wasn't working properly. Adrenaline was wearing off and it was pretty sore all of a sudden. Xrays showed a jumbled mess in there.

Long story short, what someone does at an accident scene seldom reflects how injured they might actually be in reality. **** doesn't hit you until hours or days later in the case of a serious injury.

I was 18 and slid into a car in icy conditions at about 5kph. That car had just managed to stop a hair short of the car in front and bumped them as a result. Both occupants claimed injuries and both failed to prove any. I got really lucky. Lesson at 18, leave a lot more space in all conditions.

One other lesson I have learned in my 50 years...silence is the only solid substitution for brains.

Yeah, the guy sued, my wife, the insurance company. Claimed he couldn't walk after, couldn't use his arms, he even sent an invoice for a $7,000 special therapeutic bed because he claimed he couldn't sleep at night. Both my wife and me got called up by the insurance company. I showed them an iPhone video of the guy walking and ducking down to inspect his vehicle after the accident. I was there only 10 mins after the accident. They asked for a copy of the video and I told the insurance company I would gladly take the stand against him if they ever needed me, I asked for the accident adjuster's cellphone number and email to keep me updated on the claim. The guy was seeking $800,000 dollars. When I contacted the adjuster after the trial/settlement he said the guy only received $27,000 ? 27k for a 3-year waitpretending he was injured. Half of that went to his lawyer of course. It was only a deep scratch from the back door to his fender, my wife never touched his door, and she must have hit him at 15 km/h.
Perception is a wonderful thing. It allows you to negotiate with yourself.

Perception is a wonderful thing. It allows you to negotiate with yourself.

Delusion helps too.

As for injuries and behavior after an accident...
I was involved in a work related altercation wherein I broke my leg.. in two places.
Yeah... I was sore, but... I continued to work doing 4 hours overtime after the incident.
It didnt become apparent that there was something seriously wrong until I was heading home. 'Stopped in at an ER to get checked out....

Didnt return to work until five months later

Adrenaline is an interesting thing.

When I wrecked in 1994 I literally went through the back window of a hatcback, did a superman through the car, and cracked the inside of the windshield with my helmet.

I was bleeding profusely from a wound on my neck. Anyone who's ever met me has probably seen the scars.

I'd unknowingly shattered my right wrist into a million pieces.

I also crawled back out of the car, walked around in the middle of the road, picked up my motorcycle off the road (from completely turtled on it's side, no small feat for a 1980's tank of a 4 cylinder sport bike) and was trying to figure out what to do next. When a city bus stopped, blocked the road, and the driver came out yelling at me to sit down before I fell down...that was when I realized something was wrong. Was also the same moment I noticed my shirt was drenched with blood.

Didn't even realize the wrist was broken until 3-4 hours later in the hospital after they'd stitched me up. Hand wasn't working properly. Adrenaline was wearing off and it was pretty sore all of a sudden. Xrays showed a jumbled mess in there.

Long story short, what someone does at an accident scene seldom reflects how injured they might actually be in reality. **** doesn't hit you until hours or days later in the case of a serious injury.
Yeah sometimes you don't feel pain or broken wrists when you are still "hot". Like in your case. But no way in hell you are going to make me (and an insurance company) believe that you are a vegetable for the rest of your life because someone hits you at 15 km/h and makes a deep scratch at your backdoor and fender. This guy thought he was living back in 1991. At that time just a little rear-ending would have insurance companies offering you $20k and get it done with, they didn't even cared if you were faking it or not.

Yeah sometimes you don't feel pain or broken wrists when you are still "hot". Like in your case. But no way in hell you are going to make me (and an insurance company) believe that you are a vegetable for the rest of your life because someone hits you at 15 km/h and makes a deep scratch at your backdoor and fender. This guy thought he was living back in 1991. At that time just a little rear-ending would have insurance companies offering you $20k and get it done with, they didn't even cared if you were faking it or not.

Due to the abuses you now get around the minimum wage from insurance if you're off work even if it is clearly the other guys fault. If you want more, you the victim, had to have purchased it up front.

I was involved in a work related altercation wherein I broke my leg.. in two places.
Yeah... I was sore, but... I continued to work doing 4 hours overtime after the incident.
It didnt become apparent that there was something seriously wrong until I was heading home. 'Stopped in at an ER to get checked out....

Didnt return to work until five months later

Yep. Anyone who's never experienced it won't understand it, or even think it's possible in many cases.

It wasn't until about 3 or 4 days after that MC wreck that the worst of the pain really hit, stitches and such aside. The neck injury and broken wrist were the least of my concerns for a few days once everything else hurt.

Back
Top Bottom