Stumped for a new bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stumped for a new bike

I’m not looking at the triple R. The insurance and that would be astronomical.

It sounds like your wish list is being progressively hampered as the thread goes on.
Initial cost.
Long ride comfort.
Height.
Insurance.
Reliability.

You're looking at a a decent market, but then throwing away most contenders - especially considering the SV650, which is a Swiss Army knife of all bikes is no good.

Might I suggest a Yamaha Fz6r?

Japanese reliabiity
Relatively adjustable height wise
Cheaper insurance
Sport touring insurance bracket

Is it the super star be-all-end-all bike? hell no. But it seems to tick all of your boxes.

It sounds like your wish list is being progressively hampered as the thread goes on.
Initial cost.
Long ride comfort.
Height.
Insurance.
Reliability.

You're looking at a a decent market, but then throwing away most contenders - especially considering the SV650, which is a Swiss Army knife of all bikes is no good.

Might I suggest a Yamaha Fz6r?

Japanese reliabiity
Relatively adjustable height wise
Cheaper insurance
Sport touring insurance bracket

Is it the super star be-all-end-all bike? hell no. But it seems to tick all of your boxes.

I have many factors in general to consider. One of my last vehicles was an sv650s. I absolutely hated it. I sold it three weeks after I brought it home. I although this time I looked at a non S. I think not was leaving a bad taste in the sense because all I felt the same way the min I started it.

Part of my problem with finding something is that I have had a dream machine in my head and my dream is a Ducati monster.

My last three bikes have been Japanese make. Nothing against it. I think no want something different.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have many factors in general to consider. One of my last vehicles was an sv650s. I absolutely hated it. I sold it three weeks after I brought it home. I although this time I looked at a non S. I think not was leaving a bad taste in the sense because all I felt the same way the min I started it.

Part of my problem with finding something is that I have had a dream machine in my head and my dream is a Ducati monster.

My last three bikes have been Japanese make. Nothing against it. I think no want something different.

Does @Wingboy still have his big bike for sale? He's not tall, it's a Ducati and he treats his bikes well.

It's going to be traded in for a Pan Am, but i could be persuaded otherwise.
The MTS is ok for me at 5'9".

Edit. Op is 5'2". He would need to modify the rear susp link and raise the forks in the clamps.

It's going to be traded in for a Pan Am, but i could be persuaded otherwise.
The MTS is ok for me at 5'9".

Edit. Op is 5'2". He would need to modify the rear susp link and raise the forks in the clamps.

I have that problem with a lot of bikes. Because I’m 5 foot two with a really short inseam it makes it hard to find something that really sparked my interest and gets I guess you see my internal engine revving. So unless realistically I want to two 5300 maybe a five or I want to reach out to cruisers I’ve come to the termination and I’m tired kicked quite a fair bit that my options are limited.

Sadly with the last few years and everything I haven’t been able to find something to give me just a little bit of satisfaction and make me want to ride. I bought my decrepit cruiser two years ago because I needed to get my M exit done.

Now I wanna bike they just rubs my internal engines makes me want to get out. After losing both my parents the last one just recently it’s now time for me to find a little bit of happiness. As silly as it sounds it’s Troy up for that I sat on yesterday started up and got it going just have a grinning from ear to ear it was just something about it I absolutely loved and I think there’s absolutely everything minus it’s going to be dropped a little bit In height. This girl wants to smile on a bike and wants to enjoy it

I feel your pain. Live every day to the fullest. Good luck in your search.

If that's the machine in your head, then buy the Ducati Monster.

Triumph Trident.

863b3be62119e894d92f20d0697bd763.jpg

In that case, you owe it to yourself to pursue your dream. The 1988 GSX-R750 was my dream bike when it first came out. I went through a ton of other bikes, but was never completely happy until I got that specific bike.

Do you have a quote on the standard and the R? Doubt insurance would be quoting you any different for upgraded suspension and brakes.

Yes.

I have echelon on the cruiser. Which expires next month. They won’t insure it. They have it listed as restricted. My car insurance is with Aviva. They quoted me $2200. Intact quoted me about $1250

The “R” was almost 40% more.

I sat on the bike today with my riding boots. And it was improved greatly. I would probably bring it down 1/2-1”. And if I don’t do it. I think it will be fine with these boots.

have enjoyed your threads over the last few years, OP
looking for the nirvana bike, me too, 5 of them in just the last decade
several before that, as we age we become more finicky

the nirvana bike may not be out there
comfort, performance, looks, reliability, image, value

those things usually conflict with each other
there is no profound advice to offer at the end of my post

have enjoyed your threads over the last few years, OP
looking for the nirvana bike, me too, 5 of them in just the last decade
several before that, as we age we become more finicky

the nirvana bike may not be out there