Studs on dirt bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Studs on dirt bikes

Hey guys, if anyone still looking for studs, I'm doing a giveaway with KoldKutter on Instagram:

Thought I'd share if it can help anyone.

:LOL: I sure could use about 50 of them right now.

:LOL: I sure could use about 50 of them right now.
Here you go trials. Go big or go home. I've got 288 1.45" and 96 1.875" in the garage.

20210203-172048.jpg

Holy you have some serious studs hanging out in your garage

How hard are you riding that you are a loosing studs already :)
Serious hard. Hard enduro trails, rock, logs and way too much powder snow right now to go a lot of places.
Your studs are awesome on ice, there is not as much ice on the trails this year, we never got the freezing rain or snow followed by melt and then freeze again.
All terrain studs are awesome on everything.

I found 2 of your studs embedded in a piece of wood so I put them on my bike. I need to find another 50 lol time to get out my metal detector.

edit: should mention the Koldkutter design is very good for the front wheel.
The auger thread studs are all seasons superior on the rear wheel, but so expensive you should be installing them on a new tire, then you won't lose any studs. (like almost 2 bucks each expensive)

Last edited:
How hard are you riding that you are a loosing studs already :)
Two KTM's ate the rear tires yesterday, likely form riding in -15 the week before ?

Mostly side knobs on the chain side peeling off. If you are studding up a KTM, make sure your chain is adjusted and doesn't have too much side play in it ? (keep your chains relatively new and snug) that will help with clearance for the studs.

Two KTM's ate the rear tires yesterday, likely form riding in -15 the week before ?

Mostly side knobs on the chain side peeling off. If you are studding up a KTM, make sure your chain is adjusted and doesn't have too much side play in it ? (keep your chains relatively new and snug) that will help with clearance for the studs.
Hmmm.. this also has to do with the tyre profile you are running... depending on the width and the knob size you may or may not have this issue...

Serious fun, you guys with dirt bikes, stud up a set of tires and extend your riding season. You won't believe how great studs are on frozen ground, wet roots at any angle, slimy green moss covered logs at almost any angle, huge hillclimbs, ice! Wicked traction, better then summertime traction (y)
Just be careful on rock, studied tires do suck on rock, but most of you guys don't ride rock anyway ;)

If you want to practice riding over big logs and gain confidence at that, riding on studded tires is the way to do it.
My dirt bike does fine with 1 stud.

milkcancrossing.jpg
crazyclimb.jpg

Sure Ric, go for it.
iceriver.jpg
icerider.jpg
I'll take pictures

Back
Top Bottom