Strobe /Flash tail light Ontario Rules ..? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Strobe /Flash tail light Ontario Rules ..?

@PrivatePilot where does one get these light flashers for $10 and how easy are they to install? link?

$10, Prime. Disconnect existing 2 wires leading to the stop light circuit and wire this in between. Done.

The one I have on my bike is significantly more expensive as it does a bunch of extra stuff - rear signals become extra flashing stop lights, rear signals become an extra set of tail lights as well (hence why I switched to red lenses on both from amber), auto signal cancellation after an adjustable length of time without the brake being applied, etc.

IMG_8207.jpg

Tx for your responses, can still hear the screaming tires behind me over the weekend and that sickening feeling of about to be hit from behind . Will go for something in the back ,ticket or no ticket .

I am sure many here will say 1st gear always, watch your 6 at all times. Keep an escape route open. Flashing lights are nice and all that. Your safety is your responsibility.
I taught Trauma Life support, First Aid, etc. #1 was assume the worst until you can prove the best. On a bike you can not prove the best. You are the best by remaining vigilant to the best of your ability.

$10, Prime. Disconnect existing 2 wires leading to the stop light circuit and wire this in between. Done.

The one I have on my bike is significantly more expensive as it does a bunch of extra stuff - rear signals become extra flashing stop lights, rear signals become an extra set of tail lights as well (hence why I switched to red lenses on both from amber), auto signal cancellation after an adjustable length of time without the brake being applied, etc.

View attachment 41113

Very nice. Coming down Hurontario on Saturday I was watching a bike with lights roughly as you described. Could see him/her miles ahead.

Keep in mind that if you're ever doing the M2X test with one of these devices, you will accumulate points at every evaluated stop light. Your brake light must be on until you proceed.

Most of them only flash a few times then remain on solid until the next cycle.

Flashing lights on a bike, either front of back always annoy me.
They only bother people.

Flashing tail lights don't bother me as much as headlights that change intensity.

If I get behind a guy with flashing tail lights, it only makes me what to get ahead of him even faster than I normally would want to.
It always makes me think, it's the riders first year on the road and not to be trusted.

Keep in mind that if you're ever doing the M2X test with one of these devices, you will accumulate points at every evaluated stop light. Your brake light must be on until you proceed.
Actually, I've gotten use to manually flashing my brake lights which I did during my M2x last week. After the test, the examiner said he liked that I manually flashed my brake lights and suggested I can purchase a flasher module which would make it easier.

He clearly was a rider himself :)

Actually, I've gotten use to manually flashing my brake lights which I did during my M2x last week. After the test, the examiner said he liked that I manually flashed my brake lights and suggested I can purchase a flasher module which would make it easier.

He clearly was a rider himself :)

That is good to know. I wonder if most examiners feel the same.
My modulator is part of the license plate lightning. Nothing to do with the brake lights. It is a bolt on goodie.

That is good to know. I wonder if most examiners feel the same.
My modulator is part of the license plate lightning. Nothing to do with the brake lights. It is a bolt on goodie.
I actually went in expecting the examiner to hate on a lot of things as I've heard some terrible stories about examiner and not actually knowing motorcycles as well as they should (don't actually ride themselves)

I was quite surprised how chill the guy was :)

The Motodynamic Sequential Integrated taillight flash yellow.

"Intermittent red light restricted
(14) Subject to subsections (14.1), (15) and (17.1), no person shall use a lamp, other than turning signal lamps or the vehicular hazard warning signal lamps commonly known as four way flashers, that produces intermittent flashes of red light. 2017, c. 2, Sched. 17, s. 5"

Might be illegal but I find with any vehicle modification be it lighting, fender eliminator, exhaust etc. if you don’t go completely over the top and obnoxious the cops won’t bug you for it.

With that said I’ve never ran any type of flasher or modulator whatever but plenty of “not for highway use” parts. All has been good.

The Motodynamic Sequential Integrated taillight flash yellow.

"Intermittent red light restricted
(14) Subject to subsections (14.1), (15) and (17.1), no person shall use a lamp, other than turning signal lamps or the vehicular hazard warning signal lamps commonly known as four way flashers, that produces intermittent flashes of red light. 2017, c. 2, Sched. 17, s. 5"
Can be programmed to flash the brake light as well as the amber turn signals. I have it and it's great, super bright I can see it illuminate road signs way behind me. I'd rather annoy the person behind me into noticing me than getting rear ended.

This is the one I have:

Used to think the flashing tail light was a good idea until your sitting in traffic and riding your brakes. Your light is flashing constantly and nobody knows what the hell your doing. Useless feature

Used to think the flashing tail light was a good idea until your sitting in traffic and riding your brakes. Your light is flashing constantly and nobody knows what the hell your doing. Useless feature
That's why many of them do three flashes and then solid. As long as you aren't continually going on and off the brakes (which you shouldn't be anyway), you get the best of both worlds. A few flashes to get the attention of the vehicle behind and then normal lights so you don't piss off/disorient them.

That's why many of them do three flashes and then solid.

This. Even the $10 ones only flash a few times before going solid.

And I don't care if "nobody knows what the hell" because my stop lights are flashing - the fact that they're apparently confused/curious/annoyed/whatever means they're focusing on me, which means they're less likely to run into me, which makes ME safer.

Not "useless" at all.

The end.

This. Even the $10 ones only flash a few times before going solid.

And I don't care if "nobody knows what the hell" because my stop lights are flashing - the fact that they're apparently confused/curious/annoyed/whatever means they're focusing on me, which means they're less likely to run into me, which makes ME safer.

Not "useless" at all.

The end.

Maybe you don't know about target fixation?????

Maybe you don't know about target fixation?????

Quite aware of it, but he specifically said "sitting in traffic riding your brakes". Different situation.

And we all know that any blinky light anywhere inside the GTA causes cagers to robotically slam on their brakes anyways, right?

Win win. ;)

Back
Top Bottom