STOLEN BIKE from Bloor and Lansdowne | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

STOLEN BIKE from Bloor and Lansdowne

Depends on when you came to Canada. You may never understand it if you havent seen better times here.

giphy.gif

It's not what a city is.....it's what it has become
crime and theft werent invented in 2022.
If you see the stolen bike thread, I think it was started probably 20 years ago in the early 2000's

Not much anyone can do apart from making it inconvenient and difficult for potential thieves to steal your bike.
Usually smaller, lighter bikes in underground parking spots are targeted (supersports, nakeds, supermotos)

Last edited:
?? They are issues even in the country. Just less population density so fewer asshats checking for unlocked doors.

You guys are mistaking the word issues, and actions. Those were not a list of issues, they were a list of actions someone took. Grammar, syntax, blah blah blah...

When I lived in Toronto, I locked my doors at home, locked my car everywhere, always lookin over my shoulder....left Toronto for a better life in the country......funny..all of the above issues went away 🤔
Where abouts in the country? I moved to a small town about 30 years ago. We didn't lock the house or car when we first arrived but we do now.

Where abouts in the country? I moved to a small town about 30 years ago. We didn't lock the house or car when we first arrived but we do now.
Druggies have really messed up the small towns in the last few years. We live in the country and had someone go through our vehicles a year or so ago is it really worth it for some change. Also a big risk as alot of the places they hit are back a long way from the road with no escape if the home owner catches you.

Sent from the future

Update: a constable called me on Saturday telling me that they found my bike on the east end. Apparently, neighbours complained about an illegally parked bike. This occured one day after my insurance payout. Anyway, the bike was stripped beyond recognition and they even chained the front wheel as if it were theirs!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 20.50.53 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 20.50.53 (1).jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 61
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 20.50.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-11 at 20.50.53.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 60
Update: a constable called me on Saturday telling me that they found my bike on the east end. Apparently, neighbours complained about an illegally parked bike. This occured one day after my insurance payout. Anyway, the bike was stripped beyond recognition and they even chained the front wheel as if it were theirs!
So they stole it just for the plastics? Makes me wonder if this was on-demand procurement.

Huh? I don't understand this at all.

While there might be a small immigrant factor, the bigger problem IMO is that today, what you are is less important than what you appear to be. Entitlement is rampant.

Sites like Craigslist and Kijiji make fencing easy with nameless transactions.

If someone smashes a $700 taillight on their car and insurance is going to cost $$$ down the line it's "I deserve...the other guy is better off." Besides, my landlord just raised the rent $500 or my variable mortgage went sky high. I shouldn't have to suffer.

When I lived in Toronto, I locked my doors at home, locked my car everywhere, always lookin over my shoulder....left Toronto for a better life in the country......funny..all of the above issues went away 🤔
People steal farm equipment. Kids at school and parents working in town.

So in this case, what happens to the bike now? Either you take it, refund the payout and the insurance company pays to fix it, or you keep the payout and they sell it at auction somewhere?

So in this case, what happens to the bike now? Either you take it, refund the payout and the insurance company pays to fix it, or you keep the payout and they sell it at auction somewhere?
Insurance company already bought that bike. I dont know if you could unwind that transaction if you wanted to. Look for it at auction.

I would offer the insurance some money to buy it back.
But why would you want to buy back something that has been pillaged?

Some plastic with custom graphics, the drop mirrors -it was too dark for me to see anything else. Insurance owns the bike now and I'm satisfied with the payout -no sure if I want to pay someone to diagnose and replace the parts. I'd be better off buying new.

Some plastic with custom graphics, the drop mirrors -it was too dark for me to see anything else. Insurance owns the bike now and I'm satisfied with the payout -no sure if I want to pay someone to diagnose and replace the parts. I'd be better off buying new.
If its been stolen once, you're etter off buying something undesirable to thieves.

Might I suggest an old spray bombed klr with a milk crate for a top-box.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

If its been stolen once, you're etter off buying something undesirable to thieves.

Might I suggest an old spray bombed klr with a milk crate for a top-box.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
exactly, something no one in their right mind would want.

Back
Top Bottom