Stocks | Page 110 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I just opened a holy **** surprise! Canada life US Cap growth fund.

IMG_0647.jpeg
Nice chunk of tax free dollars.

Does that just extrapolate based upon what's in your portfolio right now, or does it somehow figure in what you've added, subtracted, and traded along the way?
I'll run some numbers to check. 99% sure that is return on investment and it ignores money put it or removed.

EDIT:
As expected. Roughly Change in Value/Net Invested at year end(opening value+deposits-withdrawals, not including change in value of investments). That gives me a number within a few tenths of a percent agreement. I'm not sure where the discrepancy comes from. Maybe the calculation is based on more detailed data (eg monthly instead of yearly).

Last edited:
TD Bank? Seen a few reports that this may be a reasonable buy as it’s undervalued right now. Since I know nothing about this stuff what do people think? 5% dividends right now it seems.

TD Bank? Seen a few reports that this may be a reasonable buy as it’s undervalued right now. Since I know nothing about this stuff what do people think? 5% dividends right now it seems.
Annual growth on something like Dollarama is more attractive to me.

Just as an FYI, lots of money market funds are paying out around 5% APY.

Far from free money - given the high inflation environment we're swimming in. But it demonstrates the relatively high bar that other vehicles should *at least* be yielding to beat the minimum that one step above keeping cash in the mattress gives you.

Just as an FYI, lots of money market funds are paying out around 5% APY.

Far from free money - given the high inflation environment we're swimming in. But it demonstrates the relatively high bar that other vehicles should *at least* be yielding to beat the minimum that one step above keeping cash in the mattress gives you.
I get 5.5 in my savings account

Sent from the future

I’m just looking at things to hold for a long while. Figured a bank stock would be an OK one especially if there’s potential for it to rise and pay increasing dividends. I’ve set up a DRIP for this in one account. Again, just a total novice here. Most of my cash is in S&P stuff and that’s up 10% or so just in the last few months.

I’m just looking at things to hold for a long while. Figured a bank stock would be an OK one especially if there’s potential for it to rise and pay increasing dividends. I’ve set up a DRIP for this in one account. Again, just a total novice here. Most of my cash is in S&P stuff and that’s up 10% or so just in the last few months.
I’ve held a bunch of TD for years, got most of it thru employee purchase plan, a no brainer when I worked for them. It pays slightly more than inflation, and is rock solid with respect to capital protection

I’ve moved a fair bunch into US growth equity funds, I monitor them closely because they are riskier. Those funds have paid out >10% on average over the last 10 years, and a whopping 37% in 2023. Already up 9% YTD 2024.

Not advisable to have all eggs in one basket, but having some riskier stuff in a TFSA can get you into baller-land if you get a few good years.

Back
Top Bottom