Steve from Biker Down Intro (Free training , accident scene management, Biker 1st Aid, Helmet Removal -when-how-why and the Science of Being Seen | GTAMotorcycle.com

Steve from Biker Down Intro (Free training , accident scene management, Biker 1st Aid, Helmet Removal -when-how-why and the Science of Being Seen

Biker Down

Thanks very much to the admins for the add. I’m Steve currently riding an old BMW Airhead and an old Honda RC 172 tribute bike.
I am happy to join this great group of riders! I would like to personally invite all of the GTA riders to register for our www.BikerDown.ca FREE training that will be launching across Canada in 2021. The life you save could be a fellow GTA rider; it could even be mine! 3A8EDA3B-461A-40C2-8BDA-B01A3468C8B1.jpegThanks

Looks like a great course . Anyone know of companies selling first aid kits for specifically bike accidents ?

I noticed you had all the provinces listed for sign-up, are you doing this as a show-up-in-person or an online meeting?

I'm assuming it's online, but if you are doing it in the big cities and in-person, please list the dates and locations when numbers are confirmed! Have bike, will travel!

Thank you so much for this! Everyone should be signed up, no reason not to.

Last edited:
Awesome. Signed up.

@pfbmgd link below is pretty good if you don't want to make your own. It's not cheap. Packed in an ankle cuff so it should be with you if you're the one that needs it. It does no good if it is off in the rhubarb somewhere. Shears to expose wounds. Tourniquet and pressure bandage for limbs, hemo dressing for big holes in your gut, chest seals in case you get punctured (lower risk of that on a bike imo). For a bike specific kit, I'd probably carry a larger pressure (Israeli) bandage or Swat-T in a pocket to give you a backup tourniquet in case multiple limbs are in bad shape (such as glancing blow from oncoming vehicle). The pressure bandages don't have pokey bits so I wouldn't be scared to have them against my torso.

If you want something much cheaper but hopefully good enough, the one below has tourniquet, gauze, and trauma dressing for much less money. it comes in a vacuum sealed pouch so you could toss it in a pocket or on storage compartment and it should stay uncontaminated for the the useful life.

For any tourniquet system, buying two is a great plan to give you one to practice with and one to keep pristine for use when required.

Last edited:
Awesome. Signed up.

@pfbmgd link below is pretty good if you don't want to make your own. It's not cheap. Packed in an ankle cuff so it should be with you if you're the one that needs it. It does no good if it is off in the rhubarb somewhere. Shears to expose wounds. Tourniquet and pressure bandage for limbs, hemo dressing for big holes in your gut, chest seals in case you get punctured (lower risk of that on a bike imo). For a bike specific kit, I'd probably carry a larger pressure (Israeli) bandage or Swat-T in a pocket to give you a backup tourniquet in case multiple limbs are in bad shape (such as glancing blow from oncoming vehicle). The pressure bandages don't have pokey bits so I wouldn't be scared to have them against my torso.

If you want something much cheaper but hopefully good enough, the one below has tourniquet, gauze, and trauma dressing for much less money. it comes in a vacuum sealed pouch so you could toss it in a pocket or on storage compartment and it should stay uncontaminated for the the useful life.

For any tourniquet system, buying two is a great plan to give you one to practice with and one to keep pristine for use when required.
Thanks I will defiantly look into a kit . I always feel in a group ride one person should have a large first aid kit .

Thanks I will defiantly look into a kit . I always feel in a group ride one person should have a large first aid kit .
Just to be clear, these are not large kits. They are hopefully enough to keep someone from bleeding out until properly trained and equipped first-response can get there. They include nothing for airway and not much for immobilization. You are just trying to keep the blood in the skin sack so the paramedics have something to work with.

I noticed you had all the provinces listed for sign-up, are you doing this as a show-up-in-person or an online meeting?

I'm assuming it's online, but if you are doing it in the big cities and in-person, please list the dates and locations when numbers are confirmed! Have bike, will travel!

Thank you so much for this! Everyone should be signed up, no reason not to.
Thanks. We are hitting all major cities, in person- very hands on, taking wait list interest now with specific dates and times to be released as we get closer to launch. You will learn CPR, you will remove a helmet properly and learn to how keep things humming till the professionals arrive.

Back
Top Bottom