STATEFARM HIKE - Need Advice | GTAMotorcycle.com

STATEFARM HIKE - Need Advice

sikkkkk6r

THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Situation:
Last month I called Bob Buszchak statefarm (where I was previously insured for 2 years with on my 06 zx6r). I asked the representative Dave to give me a quote and he quote me at $158 for a 2005 GSXR 1000 and also if the rumors about the insurance hike is true. He said no the rates WONT go up in APRIL and that the quote will stay the same. I am 28 with no accidents or speeding tickets and hold m2 license. I heard from a friend yesterday that the rates did go up. So I called today and spoke with Dave there and he said my prior quote is wiped from the system since the new changes.? So I told him to quote me again to see if it has changed from the $158 that he said prior.

He then quotes me $184 !!!!!!!!!!! So while hes on the phone I recorded the rest of the conversation about him telling me before that it "WONT GO UP". He told me to call their head office call center. So I called and spoke with Mary Ann there and she said she will call Dave about it. She then calls me back and says that she spoke with him and that he did say he made a mistake. She then tells me she can't really do anything about it since its after the 8th and that I never signed a contract. I told her I would have signed the damn thing if he told me other wise! Her only recommendation is that I speak to Dave about him contacting an under writer about the situation and correcting it.

So I called Dave and explained what needs to get done. He said he will talk to an under writer.

I'm pretty frustrated. I am going to go there tomorrow and raise some ****.

Call Allstate... This year I moved over after 2 years with SF at the advice of another GTAM member.

Cheaper + better coverage.

Allstate is the new State Farm in terms of moto friendly (IMO)

/thread.

Quotes are quotes, and they do have an expiry date. In your case, the SF agent should not be making claims that rates won't go up (he is not in a position of authority whatsoever to make that decision for the company), and totally set the wrong expectation with you as a customer.

Hope it works out for you, but I doubt you'll be able to get the old quoted rate since there's no record or it. I don't know how loyal are you to Bob& Dave. Feel free to call Chris Mihalakakos (also SF agent) 416.924.1444. Stand up guy and a pleasure to deal with. Try calling TD too, a whole lot of people are getting substantial savings swtiching over.

Call Allstate... This year I moved over after 2 years with SF at the advice of another GTAM member.

/thread.

Only if you're at least 30 and have a full M. That's the only caveat.

But absolutely, shop around. John Duffy, Cornerstone, etc. Lots of great options out there, just gotta find them. If you want to stay with state farm, I've had good experience with Scott Strike (416 234 8000).

Good Luck!

All State - The rep said they wouldn't even consider sport bikes unless a person has had their M licence for 4 years and a motorcycle currently insured for at least 1 year. You also have to be 30 yrs old or they don't do it..

TD - I did quote online and got quoted almost 5 grand a year. crazy.

JR DUffy - 2700

So far State farm still has the lowest - 2200

any other ones that can insure sport bikes?

Last edited:

/thread.

Same experience as me. AllState was significantly cheaper then all other companies this year. TD jacked my rates up and that why I started lookin :) Allstate requires M license and close to 30 years old though.

I actually got a drop in my rate with SF originally quoted $4272 a year (I'm 22 and a new rider) after I signed the papers, got a call from my agent a few days later telling me my rate dropped to $3914 a year. Cheapest rate I got from all insurance brokers I contacted! I signed on march 18th. $4272 was not the cheapest but I went with SF because of payment options.

I actually got a drop in my rate with SF originally quoted $4272 a year (I'm 22 and a new rider) after I signed the papers, got a call from my agent a few days later telling me my rate dropped to $3914 a year. Cheapest rate I got from all insurance brokers I contacted! I signed on march 18th. $4272 was not the cheapest but I went with SF because of payment options.

$4k?? Buddy @ 22... take that $4k to Europe. Head over to some party festivals and bend some smoking hot euro chicks over instead of having StateFarm have a party in your rear end.

I looked into AllState and they said my V-Strom 650 was listed as a sportbike. No go.

I'm 44 with an M license, BTW, and 13 years riding.

Try Dalton Timmis.

I'm probably gonna switch to them. They are giving me a great quote.

$4k?? Buddy @ 22... take that $4k to Europe. Head over to some party festivals and bend some smoking hot euro chicks over instead of having StateFarm have a party in your rear end.
I dont have $4k in hand which is why i needed SF's payment options. lol I know its a rip but its the price to ride for me.

I dont have $4k in hand which is why i needed SF's payment options. lol I know its a rip but its the price to ride for me.

So at 25 your rate will drop..

Wait 3 years since your 22.. that 12$ in three years that’s a good portion of a Down payment some semesters of school. Or a nice start to retirement.

If you dont have the money to day 4000k in cash they you arnt independantly wealthy. I would suggest a better life choice would be to wait or get a 250. But at the end of the day its your money.

Wait 3 years since your 22.. that 12$ in three years that’s a good portion of a Down payment some semesters of school. Or a nice start to retirement.

If you dont have the money to day 4000k in cash they you arnt independantly wealthy. I would suggest a better life choice would be to wait or get a 250. But at the end of the day its your money.

or get a cheaper bike. (i.e. sv650? pretty darn quick without the SS rates)

but yeah, that 4K contributed to some savings/investment fund could be better served over the next 3 years. Have an extra couple grand in your pocket.

My statefarm rep did tell me about the increase which happened sometime in the second week of April.

I looked into AllState and they said my V-Strom 650 was listed as a sportbike. No go.

I'm 44 with an M license, BTW, and 13 years riding.

TaTdV.gif

My quote for a Ninja 250 was going to be just a few hundred less a year, still in the $3000 range. Also, nobody pays full amount for any kind of payment. Even rich people don't fully pay off a house when they buy it. Everyone goes for the multiple payments option. Nobody has $250,000 for a house when they buy their first house.

My quote for a Ninja 250 was going to be just a few hundred less a year, still in the $3000 range. Also, nobody pays full amount for any kind of payment. Even rich people don't fully pay off a house when they buy it. Everyone goes for the multiple payments option. Nobody has $250,000 for a house when they buy their first house.

4k =/ 250k

I hear what you are saying. But look at it this way. That’s a 4k payout that gives you 1 year of being able to legally ride. At the end of that period you have nothing left. On the other hand put that 4k in a GIC will have 4k plus (not much given current interest rates but still). Even if you buy a bike or other item with 4k you can sell it to re-coup some money. If you want until 25 your insurance will be half or even less than 4k. That means that 4 k could pay for 2 years riding and because you saved it are ear marked it you can use it without worry about making up for other expenses.

Its your money west so you do what you want to but you are a young guy your money is better saved in this current economic crisis

Additionally its not a "multiple payment option" Its the with interest option. Thats why i paid full cash price for my car and my girlfriends car and pay full premiums on all my insurance policies (some give discounts some dont).

I never explored paying the whole year in full for any "discount" but I will inquire. SF's renewal came up with a 10% increase so I am shopping at All State, but am under 30. Will post here my findings.

Back
Top Bottom