Statefarm Desjardins takeover | GTAMotorcycle.com

Statefarm Desjardins takeover

killvino

Just heard from my broker that statefarm's insurance part is going to taken over by Desjardins but they have no idea what changes might be coming.
Just worried they are going to change the way premiums are calculated and screw all of us younger supersport owners.
Anyone hear anything?

Not news anymore. Search the forum. It had been discussed already.

I don't know about Supersport, but I got quotes this week from State Farm and Desjardins and Desjardins offered far lower rates.

I don't know about Supersport, but I got quotes this week from State Farm and Desjardins and Desjardins offered far lower rates.

Supersport is what everyone is concerned about. State Farm is about the only option for < 30y/o or riders without a full M.

My renewal just came in:

$2000 for the year. 27, 08 GSX-R750, no tickets, 1 at fault.

Gonna check with AllState to see if they can beat the price without me bringing anything over.

油井緋色;2242507 said:
My renewal just came in:

$2000 for the year. 27, 08 GSX-R750, no tickets, 1 at fault.

Gonna check with AllState to see if they can beat the price without me bringing anything over.

How does that compare to last year?

Mine went from $1320 to $1700, but we also moved so I can't say how much is due to what. Our car insurance with Intact also went up about 30%.

How does that compare to last year?

Mine went from $1320 to $1700, but we also moved so I can't say how much is due to what. Our car insurance with Intact also went up about 30%.

Up by around $100. Allstate won't touch me =(

油井緋色;2242551 said:
Up by around $100. Allstate won't touch me =(
Ah right... under 30. I've been meaning to try my luck with them since I'm an old man now. Otherwise I might pick up a retro sportbike.

If you're an "old man" Allstate will be more willing to take you on. They tend to focus more on the rider rather than the bike now. Of course a SS will still be more to insured than a Shadow, but at least they will take you on.... as long as you have other support policies with them.

Back
Top Bottom