ss and dirt bikes are big in GTA theft, but what about the rest? | GTAMotorcycle.com

ss and dirt bikes are big in GTA theft, but what about the rest?

vrus

I know sometimes dirt bikes get stolen up north.. and there's a huge problem with ss bikes in underground parking lots... what about naked bikes, touring bikes, vintage and motards?

I have only heard of 1 thruxton being stolen in the GTA.. but that's about it. Do the thieves just leave the /cbs/monsters/speedies/v7s in the lots?

Lets hope so.

start by googling your question... you'll only get opions here, which aren't fact.

+1 you would have to find actual statistics. Not opinions.

If you talk to Toronto cops, they'll tell you the vast majority of stolen bikes are sportbikes. They're easy to sell or part out, and they fit nicely in the back of a minivan. A full-sized cruiser or touring bike would be too heavy and too long for that same approach. Not sure about motards/vintage, etc., although I suspect rare motorcycles would be hard to sell.

supply and demand.

Lot of SS bikes get wrecked, damaged etc on the track and the street. Replacement parts are expensive and the "demographic" usually associated with SS bikes is a "bad ***" living on the fringe of society. Some of them really DO and ARE on the other end of the law.

The SS bikes are lightweight and easy to nab.

Dirt bikes can be ridden off-road on a farm where the VIN number will never be checked, and they are light enough to steal. A lot of them dont even have a key to immobilize it.

Does that mean that no other bike get stolen? No, i'm sure some them get grabbed by thiefs who have no clue what it is, other than its a bike.

I think the coppers should spend more time at track days checking VIN's or the lack thereof. Might dry up a lot of the demand.

I have found it interesting that when I started riding it was HD's that were stolen far more than anything else. The wisdom was that was due to gangs wanting them. Now I guess the Wildhawgs dentist has no problem laying the cash down for their HD and the demand has shifted to sportbikes.

I think the coppers should spend more time at track days checking VIN's or the lack thereof. Might dry up a lot of the demand.

I have found it interesting that when I started riding it was HD's that were stolen far more than anything else. The wisdom was that was due to gangs wanting them. Now I guess the Wildhawgs dentist has no problem laying the cash down for their HD and the demand has shifted to sportbikes.

I still know that a HD will cost more to insure than a comparable bike.

Back
Top Bottom