Sportbike knobbies! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbike knobbies!

omnivore

Site Supporter
Continental TKC80's finally hit North American shores!
I know I will have a set on my KTM next summer!
KTM990SM_TKC80_1.jpg

Sweeeeet :)
Possible next set for my VFR ;) if I cannot find Roadsmart 2's at a decent price. Mild off roading is quite fun on it.

I am awaiting your review :)

edit * pilot road 3's aren't that bad either. The extra sipes do help off road

...been thinking about putting a set on my Hyper. But I just got a new set of rubber back in July. Hmmmm, decisions,decisions...

These things will be perfect for my SXV 550....

Who carries locally?

Last edited:
Had them on my Strom last year and they grip pavement really well - short life on pavment though... I think I managed about 5k off the rear and about 10k off the front.... I felt the best combo was a more street oriented tire on the back with a TKC on the front.

Why do you say they are here to NA shores? I thought they have been around for a long while... Folks with Stroms have been riding with them for quite some time around Ontario
DSCN6706-M.jpg

I think what Omnivore means is that they will be available in a 180 rear.

Conti had a tough time making the TKC in 120/180 17" sportbike sizes that would pass the proper speed ratings.
They had them in Europe for almost a yr int hose sizes before we did. The demand is coming from owners of pseudo adv bikes, like MultiStrada, Tiger, and big Supermotos (KTM 950/990, Aprillia Dorsoduro, Ducati Hypermotard, etc.)

I loved my TKC on my KLR. I had that on the front with a Heidenau K60 Scout rear. I got about 14,000km outta the front (give or take couple thousand Km). It was a nice combo.

July 2012 issue of CycleWorld has a short article on them with a picture of a wild looking BMW S1000RR with the TKC's mounted. This was the picture that got me interested.

Back
Top Bottom