Spence Diamond buy back policy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spence Diamond buy back policy

Kuro

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever utilized the buy back policy at Spence diamonds?

I'm trying to make use of their buy back policy on a ring I purchased way back. Their policy is/was that they'll buy back the "centre" diamond at the price you paid for it.

I was told:
I would be getting back $xxxx.xx.
I don't get the ring back even though they are only buying the centre diamond back
I don't get the side diamonds back either

Today they call me up and say "back in 2008 when you purchased this ring, we gave you a $350 discount because the diamond you requested wasn't in stock, so we gave you a .000000001ct bigger diamond. Corporate has told us we cannot give you back $xxxx.xx because you didn't pay full price for that diamond. Your refund will be $xxxx.xx minus $350."

WTF!! Does this make sense? Doesn't their policy state that they'll refund me the price of the centre diamond at the price I paid for it ?? Does it matter that they gave me a discount?

I've tried looking for their buy back policy online but I can't find the details about it. They took all my paper work that came with the original ring (including the policy). I didn't think anything of it cuz I didn't think they'd try to rip me off.

Anyone with experience can give me some advice?
I don't think I'm SOL, but I'm not sure how to argue with someone who will most likely tell me repeatedly like a drone "Thats our corporate policy"

I did find their policy online after a bit more searching.

The point is that I paid $xxxx.xx for this diamond. They said thats how much I'll get back. Whether or not a discount to the diamond was applied at the time shouldn't have any relevance to how much I paid for it or how much I should get back.

.. right ?

It is a contract you singed. They are bound to it. No choice. It the diamond you paid for is the one stated on the sheet they gave you with the info on it they would have to honor it. Pretty simple contract law.

Things like this make me realize the correct way to propose to my girlfriend would be to use an onion ring. We would both get to enjoy it after as a delicious snack!

If you bought the diamond for $1000, and then they gave you $350 off that price and you paid $650. You should get $650 returned, if you are expecting $1000 then I think your logic is flawed.

No no no. Maybe I explained it wrong.

Lets just say the diamond I "requested" was $2000. So they couldn't find the one I requested and they gave me a new one thats 'worth' $2350, but I still pay $2000. So they wrote that this was a discount that they applied to keep at the same price that I was willing to pay.

Now they are saying I won't even get my $2000 back but they are giving me back $1650. This is more or less the situation I am in. Sorry if I was unclear.

Heres their policy.

At any time within five years from the time you purchase your ring at Spence Diamonds, we will buy your center diamond back from you for exactly what you paid for it! This does not include setting fees, semi-mounts with other diamonds, or sales tax. (We asked, but the government won't give us back the tax!) Simply return your ring in its original condition with your original invoice to your Spence Diamonds location, if you wish to take advantage of our Spence Diamonds Diamond Buy-Back policy. This offer applies to any purchase made on or after May 27, 2005.

I agree. You paid $2000, you should get $2000. Tell them that if they are going to not give you all the money, then you want the chip of diamond worth $350 back.

Man I sure wish my rock came from spence now, I keep looking at it and thinking about what I could do with that money.

Man I sure wish my rock came from spence now, I keep looking at it and thinking about what I could do with that money.

Get me liqoured up and take advantage of me, for one (promise I won't bite...much).

Give it back to the ex since he bought it???? no, makes to much sense :)

Nevermind, carry on.

Last edited:
After ten yrs? Maybe I should ask for the drum set, foos ball table, stereo and piano I bought him :rolleyes:
Damn I am hanging with the wrong gf

Back
Top Bottom