Spain trip | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spain trip

The Bachelor

Site Supporter
Just took a quick spin down A7075 on your google maps and it looks fun.

Brian P

Site Supporter
Unsurprisingly, I am in the midst of rebooking everything due to the coronavirus outbreak. Extending the trip a little to make use of hotel rooms that I've already bought and paid for and still going to a WorldSBK round - this time the one at Portimao first weekend in September.

Roughly ... Fly out Monday arrive Malaga Tuesday and pick up the bike Tuesday evening. Ride to Jerez (same hotel as originally planned ... it's already paid for), stay there Wed evening. Ride from Jerez to Portimao Thursday, stay in Portimao Thurs - Fri - Sat - Sun. Ride back to Jerez, stay there Mon - Tue (again, already paid for). Ride to Malaga Wed to return bike and fly home Thurs.

ifiddles

@Brian P we spent 12 days in Spain last year and loved it...went to Madrid and Barcelona...wanted to rent bikes in Madrid but they were mostly closed because of August vacations, however we did rent a 300 cc scooter in Barcelona and rode up the coastline...spectacular scenery for sure...our train ride from Madrid to Barcelona showed some pretty impressive landscapes as well...went from dry Arizona like deserts with Utah colours to lush tropical forests...enjoy if you do get the chance to go...the people and culture are amazing...

Brian P

Site Supporter
Yep but probably no spectators. Although Spain wants to open up to international tourists in July, the first step will be opening internal borders within the Schengen zone. It remains to be seen how the EU handles international tourists from outside the EU ... it will probably depend on how individual countries handle the virus. Our numbers in Canada have been going down, and the projections I'm seeing suggest that we should be pretty much done with it by mid July. I think that's a little optimistic but August may be possible. It's going to be close. AirFrance still shows my flight as being confirmed, and it also suggests that changes can be made free of charge. We shall see.

Top Bottom