Sometime people suck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sometime people suck

crankcall

Site Supporter
Well , a motorcycle accident on Hamilton mountain last evening had a motorcycle hit an 80yr old woman and her 60yr old son crossing the road. All were pretty badly hurt however cars continued to drive around the people that laid in the road. Except those that looted the groceries the pedestrians were carrying and possible the 80yr olds purse from the accident scene.

Discuss.....

Can't find the words.

Well , a motorcycle accident on Hamilton mountain last evening had a motorcycle hit an 80yr old woman and her 60yr old son crossing the road. All were pretty badly hurt however cars continued to drive around the people that laid in the road. Except those that looted the groceries the pedestrians were carrying and possible the 80yr olds purse from the accident scene.

Discuss.....

There's not much to discuss. The title of the post pretty much sums it up.

A bit of a hijack but when cell phones were new are relatively rare the owner of one would grab the headlines by using theirs to call 911. Now that everyone has a phone it isn't unusual for people to think the event has already been reported so they just use the camera feature.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/fatality-1.5410122

No details regarding the fault. Did the seniors do a SMIDSY and unlike the SUV version pay the price or............................

There is a problem with seniors in that they don't want to walk to a traffic light so jaywalk instead but they aren't agile enough to dodge traffic.

Last edited:
It's in Hamilton - no surprise
It's in a large city - no surprise
It's an elderly person not using their best judgment - no surprise
Not saying it's wrong or right.

It's an elderly person not using their best judgment - no surprise

This. So much this.
And maybe its just me but I find that it applies to people of all demographics.
When I was growing up (and even now), I was always on the lookout for vehicles of all sorts and would LOOK both ways before attempting to cross a street or lane.

Can't help but feel that pedestrians these days assume they hold priority irrespective of the situation..a driver can only do so much to mitigate a collision.

I've even had cases where people just cross the street with no f's given regardless of how fast traffic was coming at them.
And this other time where a young woman downtown darted in front of my friend while we were riding and then flipped him off..lol

Can't help but feel that pedestrians these days assume they hold priority irrespective of the situation..a driver can only do so much to mitigate a collision.
Yes this is very true. Lately I have been observing pedestrian behaviour and it's sadly surprising. I watched this girl cross the intersection, she had the green no issue, but she was buried in her phone for the entire distance of the walk across. No looking (well just enough to know to cross), no awareness. It's seems real dumb to put yourself out there unaware of your surroundings. At another stop I watch another joker with his faced buried, and slow ass walking across. Again unware that other people maybe waiting for him to get out of the way. What I get from this is, neither probably have their license or they might have a better understanding of these situations.

Lets face it, just more selfish behaviour which just adds to the nonsense on our streets.

30 percent of the population are boomers. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
I just hope that when I'm 80,i have the sense to know when to hang up the truck keys.
Bike keys...... That's another story.

That sucks.

I find it depends where the accident happens...in brampton one time I had a minor crash at low speeds...everyone just stood there looking

In different areas, people actual came to check up on you and help you out.

Someone posted a news article in fallen riders. Son died, mother and harley rider are in hospital.

When I was growing up (and even now), I was always on the lookout for vehicles of all sorts and would LOOK both ways before attempting to cross a street or lane.

Some people are just clueless. My first Shepherd wold stop and wait for me at intersection. I'd catch up, check for cars, and say go or cross. She'd look both ways then cross. If my dog could figure it out.............................

The mother and son both used walkers and did not use the crosswalk at the intersection, about a half block away. They chose to leave the Foodbasic grocery store and cross a very busy road.
This area has a history of accidents and near misses of pedestrians. The city even increased the amount of time the lights takes to change, to allow pedestrians more time to cross. Sadly most do not use it.

The mother and son both were using walkers and got pegged by a motorcycle ??

Guess we better lobby for some reflectors on the legs of those walkers. #savetheseniors

Guess we better lobby for some reflectors on the legs of those walkers. #savetheseniors

I honestly doubt the efficacy of such a movement, if it ever were to take place.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I cant help but feel that some seniors just DGAF anymore when it comes to traffic/crossing streets etc.
I witnessed it myself as my father randomly jaywalked across a street while not obeying his traffic signals for pedestrians...needless to say he didnt hear the end of it for a few days.

And I may be crossing a line here, but if an individual is not too concerned about their safey/wellbeing, why should anyone else?

And I may be crossing a line here, but if an individual is not too concerned about their safey/wellbeing, why should anyone else?

I dont think your crossing a line at all, I would guess they have stumbled out into traffic a couple times a week for years now and cars/trucks/whatever have slowed or stopped, swore under there breath and let them go.
Between a dark rainy day, slow moving old folks, a guy on a bike with probably water spots on his lid or glasses, mom and son probably in dark clothing, they would be darn near invisible.

If it had been someone suddenly running/bicycling/skateboarding etc. into the street, then there may have been mitigating circumstances, but hitting multiple pedestrians with walkers? Don't pedestrians have the right of way?

Back
Top Bottom