Some Jerk backed in to my bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some Jerk backed in to my bike

MadPoet

I went to work for exactly 4 hours, I parked where I always park it behind the atrium on Edward street and some (choose any/all curse words) backed into my bike, first I wondered why the other bike was parked close to me, apparently the jerk pushed my bike a good 12 inches and luckily, it did not tip and tip that other white gsxr.

Damage: Brake pedal and frame bracket, and the brake light is always on now. I was soooo ****** that I got home in 15 minutes. Not sure what else I need to change. He/She did not leave a note or anything.

I went to work for exactly 4 hours, I parked where I always park it behind the atrium on Edward street and some (choose any/all curse words) backed into my bike, first I wondered why the other bike was parked close to me, apparently the jerk pushed my bike a good 12 inches and luckily, it did not tip and tip that other white gsxr.

Damage: Brake pedal and frame bracket, and the brake light is always on now. I was soooo ****** that I got home in 15 minutes. Not sure what else I need to change. He/She did not leave a note or anything.

This is what insurance is for.... it blows yes but call your broker. And I know your ****** but please... ride safe. Broken bike (blows but dealable) broken body not so dealable.

Is there surveillance near where you park? If there is, when you report the damage to the insurance company make sure you mention it. Maybe they'll be able to find the ******* who hit you.

Check that with the bent brake lever it's not pushing on the brake light switch, could be a very simple and free fix if you DIY.

I wouldnt have left a note either after some people here want to charge $2,000-$3,000 for a knocked bike, yeah right, when my wife crashed her vehicle we bought another one for $2,000.

This is what insurance is for.... it blows yes but call your broker. And I know your ****** but please... ride safe. Broken bike (blows but dealable) broken body not so dealable.

if it's not that much damage why would he go through insurance? So that he can pay his deductible and have a claim only to get a couple bucks above what the deductible is? If there is a lot of damage then go for it.

What's with the broken body comment? He wasn't on the bike so why mention that at least it was only the bike and not him?

I wouldnt have left a note either after some people here want to charge $2,000-$3,000 for a knocked bike, yeah right, when my wife crashed her vehicle we bought another one for $2,000.
So just because you drive POS vehicles means everyone else should? A few minor dents could cost almost $2k to fix on almost any vehicle.

If you can't afford the costs of potentially damaging a vehicle or aren't willing to accept the insurance claim when you do, you shouldn't be on the road IMO.

if it's not that much damage why would he go through insurance? So that he can pay his deductible and have a claim only to get a couple bucks above what the deductible is? If there is a lot of damage then go for it.

What's with the broken body comment? He wasn't on the bike so why mention that at least it was only the bike and not him?

Well if its not that much then agreed... but I am just saying thats why we get insurance... why we pay so much. Use it.

As for the broken body comment... you missed the part where he rode home fast because he was mad. IDK about you but I dont like seeing new posts go up in the RIP/Fallen members section... and I care about fellow riders.

OP: Damn man that sucks...Cat's right though...as angered as you were, riding with that much adrenaline pumping is never a good idea. plus the fact that there could have been hidden damage to the bike. Good luck...get a quote..compare it to your deductible...weigh out your options...talk to your broker, the claim should count as a no-fault as it was a hit and run.

Sucky....

This makes me wish I still had my zero dollar deductible. :( I think deductibles are stupid. Why do we have to pay extra to use the insurance we pay monthly for?

As for the broken body comment... you missed the part where he rode home fast because he was mad. IDK about you but I dont like seeing new posts go up in the RIP/Fallen members section... and I care about fellow riders.
I read his post, he never said he rode home fast. He said that he got home in 15 mins. How long is his normal commute? I assume you know since you know he was riding fast. Maybe his normal commute is 17 minutes. I get what you are saying and people shouldn't be riding if they aren't in the right frame of mind. I just didn't get why you made the broken body comment.

Nope you don't know about me, insinuating(sp?) that I don't care about riders. This thread was never about him, it was about the bike being hit and that it sucks.

It is a pain, my cost will be under a $100 to fix and the deductible is $1000 so DIY is the way to go. As for the body comment, I apologize I wasn't clear, that is my mistake. My normal commute is 25 mins, I normally ride below the speed limit to enjoy the ride. Yesterday I was just rushing to get home because of the brake light problem and because I was upset.

Now that I slept overnight over this issue, I am still upset that it will cost me but hey I can see an opportunity to get familiar with the rear brakes system. My bent bracket attached to the frame though will be difficult to fix.

I read his post, he never said he rode home fast. He said that he got home in 15 mins. How long is his normal commute? I assume you know since you know he was riding fast. Maybe his normal commute is 17 minutes. I get what you are saying and people shouldn't be riding if they aren't in the right frame of mind. I just didn't get why you made the broken body comment.

Nope you don't know about me, insinuating(sp?) that I don't care about riders. This thread was never about him, it was about the bike being hit and that it sucks.

My aren’t you confrontational lol. Ok well can try to pick a fight, I honestly have no interest in fighting anyone :) I’m more the huggie type than the punch em type.

Agreed that while I do not know what his commute is it has been my experience that when someone is surprised they made it home at the time they did, it usually implies they were going faster than normal (regardless of speed) and totally not focusing on the ride like one would like to. (I’ve done it too and know how stupid I feel after)

Obviously my comment came a crossed as morbid or something based on your reaction. The point is, being upset and riding opens your risk to getting hurt which is so not worth happening over a broken bike. (though yes I know its hard… I would be ****** if someone hurt my baby)

It is a pain, my cost will be under a $100 to fix and the deductible is $1000 so DIY is the way to go. As for the body comment, I apologize I wasn't clear, that is my mistake. My normal commute is 25 mins, I normally ride below the speed limit to enjoy the ride. Yesterday I was just rushing to get home because of the brake light problem and because I was upset.

Now that I slept overnight over this issue, I am still upset that it will cost me but hey I can see an opportunity to get familiar with the rear brakes system. My bent bracket attached to the frame though will be difficult to fix.

Glad it’s a cheap repair. Good luck with it. And yes it means you will learn more about bike mechanics and perhaps save you more money in the future :) So that 100$ might actually be worth more to you in knowledge later… :) Silver lining!!

You are either an (insert bannable description here) or a troll, incapable of telling the difference between right and wrong, unable to man up and take responsibility for your actions, unable to empathize with others in a community that you pretend to be a part of.

As a rider, but more importantly as a decent human being, if you damaged someone elses' bike purely as a result of your own stupidity, and you refuse to fully, completely and totally compensate them, either through insurance or directly, then there's really nothing left to talk about. If you can't put yourself in their shoes and imagine what it feels like to come back to the street and find your bike damaged with no note, no explanation, no recourse, then you should count your lucky stars, each and every day, that you managed to find someone willing to marry you and put up with your crap.

And that you would have the balls, as a rider, to post this kind of opinion on a motorcycle site, just speaks volumes.

Peggy, go away. And take your crappy car and your wife that can't drive with you.

And that you would have the balls, as a rider, to post this kind of opinion on a motorcycle site, just speaks volumes.

Thats the problem on the web.... somepeople mistake a keyboard for balls.

Last edited:

you know if some one hit your bike and drove away i wouldn't feel bad. if i saw it happen and knew it was your bike i wouldn't worry about getting the plate # because you wouldn't write a note for when you wouldn't take responsibility for your actions. odds are you've hit and run to some one else in the past and if you ever do it in the future I hope some one gets your plate and reports you for hit and run... see what your insurance rates are then

My aren’t you confrontational lol. Ok well can try to pick a fight, I honestly have no interest in fighting anyone :) I’m more the huggie type than the punch em type.
Offering free hugs now? booya my plan worked.

Cat read the OP right. No it's not a good thing to ride when pumped, but it happens. Can't say I haven't done it in the past....or won't do it in the future, but I try not to.

Some drivers and just clueless or too stupid that they shouldn't be driving.

I'd say try to fix it first, then if it can't be fixed...replace. It's only the rear brake anyways... :p

Back
Top Bottom