Sold the wife's bike. Bought another R1250GS! *pics* | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sold the wife's bike. Bought another R1250GS! *pics*

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
So my wife told me if I sold her old F650GS that I could buy myself another motorcycle with whatever I managed to sell her bike for.

Well, I got the bike sold. Just didn't get that much for it...

So this is what I ended up buying with the proceeds of the F650GS sale:

IMG_20210920_120847-XL.jpg

I may have had to kick in a few extra bucks... 🤫

let me guess, they didnt have any base models and you had to get the fully decked out one for an extra 5k?

So my wife told me if I sold her old F650GS that I could buy myself another motorcycle with whatever I managed to sell her bike for.

Well, I got the bike sold. Just didn't get that much for it...

So this is what I ended up buying with the proceeds of the F650GS sale:

IMG_20210920_120847-XL.jpg

I may have had to kick in a few extra bucks... 🤫
If I'd known it was that cheap, I would have sent you money so my buddy had a bike waiting in his driveway at his new house.

let me guess, they didnt have any base models and you had to get the fully decked out one for an extra $5?

fixt.

LOL. So you sent me down quite the rabbit hole. I started looking at things like this:

s-l640.jpg

Holy cow, Lego is super-expensive! When did that happen?!?

But on a positive note, that Lego final drive looks a lot more sturdier and robust than the BMW one:

810mUbqFL0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If I'd known it was that cheap, I would have sent you money so my buddy had a bike waiting in his driveway at his new house.

I think it was the >130,000 kms that made a lot of buyers shy away. 🤷‍♂️

Finally sold it (gave it away) to a co-worker of mine. Might as well gift it to somebody I know. I've done that a few times. There are a couple of GTAM members on here that are riding motorcycles that I've pretty much given away.

I'm a good guy to know...

fixt.

LOL. So you sent me down quite the rabbit hole. I started looking at things like this:

s-l640.jpg

Holy cow, Lego is super-expensive! When did that happen?!?

But on a positive note, that Lego final drive looks a lot more sturdier and robust than the BMW one:

810mUbqFL0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I got this sitting on the shelf along with the Porsche and lambo. Super fun to put together...Love the Technic stuff.

i have a 1/4 scale ducati panigale sitting in my living room. the size & details are impressive. fun to build as well.

Am I the only one that dislikes much of the modern lego kits that come with tons of kit specific parts and look like a hot mess when complete? Technics is cool and obviously you need a few specific parts but they seem to be cheating more and more instead of sticking with making awesome stuff out of rectangles.

I love it…I want it…but I’ll hold off for $300 :(

Gone are the days of cheap Lego sets. These specialized ones are crazy expensive. I assume it’s the royalties they need to pay.
And the target demographic. Lego knows who's buying these sets and what they can afford.

As for lightcyle, if he accumulates too much crap like bmw lego, he will need to keep a permanent home base which sucks money out of his travelling budget.

And the target demographic. Lego knows who's buying these sets and what they can afford.

As for lightcyle, if he accumulates too much crap like bmw lego, he will need to keep a permanent home base which sucks money out of his travelling budget.
Yup you're correct. I think my BIL has about 10k worth of LEGO.

One of my friends showed me her LEGO room....she combined her w/ her husbands...I'd say likely >30k in that room in LEGO alone.

I need more money.

30K of LEGO............ They need a life.
It depends. I know people that have lit more than that on fire with women/booze/gambling/vacations. As long as you dont delude yourself and pretend it's an investment, I dont see it much differently than most other recreational activities. It gives you hours of entertainment for a known upfront cost.

30K of LEGO............ They need a life.
Maybe...but if you enjoy it...and it's something that brings you joy why not? Plus it's over 20+ years of collecting. It's probably cheaper than motorcycling on an annual basis.

I'm sure if I counted up my sets I'd be at 3k at the very least over 5 years.

For me, as I find sets I buy them (but I must really like it and cap it around $250-300/set) and then hide them in the house from the kids. Once they get older we will put them together as an activity. Right now....I've shown pics of my basement and the way LEGO is treated by toddlers.

Back
Top Bottom