SOAR Round 1- grand Bend | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Round 1- grand Bend

omnivore

Site Supporter
After an awesome weekend, torrential rain races and all, I would like to say thanks.
Thanks to SOAR, the organizers and officials, timekeepers and marshalls. The announcers and EMS team, the track operators, and mostly, my fellow racers.
Having never been a trackday junkie, I jumped headfirst into racing 1.5 seasons ago, and SOAR has welcomed me and my family with open arms. We really enjoy every weekend we spend in your company, and look forward to summers with you.
I would also like to extend a special thanks this weekend to this message board's members (and owner) "outtacontrol" and "Paul" for inviting me to my first ever endurance race.....aboard outtacontrol's backup bike no less,LOL. Having never done one, I had no idea if I had any more than 12 laps at a time in me, but they gladly let me try. Both Paul and I had never done an endurance race before, and outtacontrol had only done one before too. We rode the smallest bike in the class (an 03 R6), with the least experience as riders, racers, and definitely as endurance racers, and still somehow managed a 3rd place in the GTO open class. My wife, Brian P, and JayV also helped out in the pits, and it was truly a team effort.........Outtacontrol's 40+ lap ride didn't hurt either!! Thanks guys, it was an awesome experience, and I can't wait to do it again.

Last edited:
We were riding alight blue R6.....number 417 in the endurance race. Bike belongs to outtacontrol

Thanks to SOAR, the organizers and officials, timekeepers and marshalls. The announcers and EMS team, the track operators, and mostly, my fellow racers.

+1. It was a very well run weekend.

Thank you Bud, and Paul. Glad we did it and I'm looking forward to endurance every round! And big thanks to Candace,Brian P and Jay V for helping in the pits. Now where's those pics?

You guys did great even with Omni almost binning it at the end. Few more gray hairs for me after that one.

Back
Top Bottom