SOAR Practice Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Practice Days

kneedragger88

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
Ok guys I have the answers everyone is asking. If you are entitled to a free day you need to register with SOAR. The cutoff will be one week from the date of the event. This is a HARD cutoff as the names of free racers has to be turned over to GBM gate staff on that date. Once you have used your free day it is non-changable meaning that if you book say Saturday and then for whatever reason you may not attend we wont have the mechanism to change it and re-issue for another round so please be sure of your date before booking.
To answer everyones questions you are welcome to use your free days on the practice weekend.
The tracks will be
Sat- Modified all day as there is drags also in the park
Sun- Morning will be Technical
Afternoon will be Reverse Alien
Hope this answers everyones questions. To recap is you are entitled to a free day its done through SOAR. If you are paying for a day its done through GBM.

Also for those paying for both days (in advance) there is a $25 discount for the 2nd day (Sun). So while the website reservation will show you as paying $125 + tx Saturday, & $125 + tax Sunday - the girls in the office will only charge your card $225 pus tax for both days.

Grand Bend and SOAR - I give you

judges-score-cards_pan_20134.jpg

all around

Just an FYI on things going on at GBM- we have added a little more curbing in areas of the racetrack (not that Bike riders like to use curbing most times) but in terms of running layouts in reverse we have added approx 2 1/2 ft in width approx. 50 ft long on the left side of the track as you exit the kink heading to the carousel so you have a little extra pavement there if you swing a little wide. ( saw a few bikes last year who could have made that turn if they had the extra couple of feet) This section is not rumbled basically a smooth brush finish so it will not upset the bike.
Once the asphalt plants are open we will also be fixing the area with the dip/hump on the wide side of the turn near the pit washroom bldg.
Re spectator viewing we realize we need to better define the viewing area and try to enhance this aspect. The first step is we are going to erect a viewing platform directly behind the current bleachers, base will be approx. 81/2 -9 ft high so when standing up there your head will be 14-15 ft above ground level which will provide for much better viewing.
On race weekends we will be providing a complimentary golf cart to go back and forth to the permanent washrooms. It will be based at the road course trailer. (Not that a little walking isn't good for you, but we do have patrons where that walk is tough for them so this eliminates that issue).

I am not sure if you are aware, but since you guys are fixing things..

When entering the Carrousel, if a rider runs wide and happens to hit right at the beginning of the turtle on the left side, its basically like hitting a sidewalk .... the bike and rider goes flying due to the impact. One meter to the left and you basically just go into the dirt, one meter to the right and you just go over the turtle with no problem, but right at the beginning of the turtle is bad business.

Don't ask me how I know :(

Just an FYI on things going on at GBM- we have added a little more curbing in areas of the racetrack (not that Bike riders like to use curbing most times) but in terms of running layouts in reverse we have added approx 2 1/2 ft in width approx. 50 ft long on the left side of the track as you exit the kink heading to the carousel so you have a little extra pavement there if you swing a little wide. ( saw a few bikes last year who could have made that turn if they had the extra couple of feet) This section is not rumbled basically a smooth brush finish so it will not upset the bike.
Once the asphalt plants are open we will also be fixing the area with the dip/hump on the wide side of the turn near the pit washroom bldg.
Re spectator viewing we realize we need to better define the viewing area and try to enhance this aspect. The first step is we are going to erect a viewing platform directly behind the current bleachers, base will be approx. 81/2 -9 ft high so when standing up there your head will be 14-15 ft above ground level which will provide for much better viewing.
On race weekends we will be providing a complimentary golf cart to go back and forth to the permanent washrooms. It will be based at the road course trailer. (Not that a little walking isn't good for you, but we do have patrons where that walk is tough for them so this eliminates that issue).
You guys are awesome. Seriously.

You guys are awesome. Seriously.

Yes they are. I hope racers and trackday goers realize that this is certainly not the "norm". I can 100% confirm that Paul, Ron and crew always seek input and then act on it very quickly. I have seen the GBM guys patching problems immediately then having a paver in to permanently fix it before our next round. Improvements ongoing to the already safest track in Canada for motorcycles! Bravo GBM!

I am not sure if you are aware, but since you guys are fixing things..

When entering the Carrousel, if a rider runs wide and happens to hit right at the beginning of the turtle on the left side, its basically like hitting a sidewalk .... the bike and rider goes flying due to the impact. One meter to the left and you basically just go into the dirt, one meter to the right and you just go over the turtle with no problem, but right at the beginning of the turtle is bad business.

Don't ask me how I know :(

We added about 50ft of additional curbing to this section. Approx 20ft at the beginning and 30ft at the end, so hopefully that eliminates the issue.

Last edited:
Yep, that would definitely eliminate the issue, Thanks for all your hard work and investment !
We added about 50ft of additional curbing to this section. Approx 20ft at the beginning and 30ft at the end, so hopefully that eliminates the issue.

One more reason I am glad to live near this track. That being said, are practice days still open to trackday riders this year at GBM/Soar? Are we welcome to come on May 9th and 10th or just the Fridays before the weekends?

One more reason I am glad to live near this track. That being said, are practice days still open to trackday riders this year at GBM/Soar? Are we welcome to come on May 9th and 10th or just the Fridays before the weekends?

Both days register through GBM

Back
Top Bottom