So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

It was the only option until Bakaboy revealed RACE holds a 300 series. Don't care about csbk now.

How'd I become the villian? Hell I'm the one that spent personal capital to force the hand to have the 300 class created.

I understand the desire to have a competitive bike in a competitive class.

My youngest was stuck with only 1 class per weekend on his CBR250. And even then he was up against 50 hp bikes in Production. Sportsman Lightweight was gone so my only choice for a 2nd class for him was to put him in Rookie Challenge against 600s.

I need 300 cc or equal bikes to come out and race. I'm the one that forced Chris' hand on the class.

If you sit on your hands the class will disappear. Especially when I stop supporting the low cc bike class shortly.

So if you face any type of performance deficit (either perceived or real) you won't race? How much do you weight? How will you feel when a 90lb rider on another Ninja 300 motors past you like you're tied to a tree?

What most people are trying to tell you is that the performance difference between the bikes is insignificant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I'll start throwing up after every meal then.

WTF is the point of this argument anyway? Some of you guys are making it sound like what I'm asking is out of this world or unheard of. I want to race a 300cc bike in a 300cc grid, is that so unreal? Just like 600s want to race against 600s and litres against litres.

At this point, as per bakaboy, there is apparently an unadvertised 300 grid in RACE. My wish came true!!!! ...let's move on, yeesh.

How'd I become the villian? Hell I'm the one that spent personal capital to force the hand to have the 300 class created.

I understand the desire to have a competitive bike in a competitive class.

My youngest was stuck with only 1 class per weekend on his CBR250. And even then he was up against 50 hp bikes in Production. Sportsman Lightweight was gone so my only choice for a 2nd class for him was to put him in Rookie Challenge against 600s.

I need 300 cc or equal bikes to come out and race. I'm the one that forced Chris' hand on the class.

If you sit on your hands the class will disappear. Especially when I stop supporting the low cc bike class shortly.
When did I imply you were the villian? I just wish this info was available sooner. ie RACE promoted it.

If anything you are the hero here since you were the only one that actually provided insight instead of the smart *** comments others provided.

I could say the same about you.

Huh?

Guess I'll start throwing up after every meal then.

WTF is the point of this argument anyway? Some of you guys are making it sound like what I'm asking is out of this world or unheard of. I want to race a 300cc bike in a 300cc grid, is that so unreal? Just like 600s want to race against 600s and litres against litres.

At this point, as per bakaboy, there is apparently an unadvertised 300 grid in RACE. My wish came true!!!! ...let's move on, yeesh.

The point of this argument is that you're concerned over nothing. The performance difference between the bikes permitted in the classes you could realisitically run in are minimal. Despite what some with no real race experience are suggesting.

We've told you repeatedly. You still don't believe us?

So which specific 400cc street based two strokes would be a viable option for that class?

Share with us from your vast wealth of knowledge which bike would provide such an unfair advantage.

read the rules. conveniently outlines in red as Kyle pointed out.

Answer the question.

Ask Ken, he contributed to the rule book. He wouldn't have put it there if it didn't exist.

for the searching impaired

Production:

• [*=left]380cc Four stroke multi or twin
    [*=left]400cc Four stroke single
    [*=left]500cc Four stroke air cooled (vintage legal)
    [*=left]400cc Two stroke air cooled street based

Ask Ken, he contributed to the rule book. He wouldn't have put it there if it didn't exist.

Don't deflect.

You're claiming that a 400cc street based two stoke would be significant performance advantage. Tell us which bikes (make and model) you are referring to.

Huh?

The point of this argument is that you're concerned over nothing. The performance difference between the bikes permitted in the classes you could realisitically run in are minimal. Despite what some with no real race experience are suggesting.

We've told you repeatedly. You still don't believe us?

No I don't believe you, because you guys are posting contradicting information.

I'm being told skilled riders on 600s are beating new riders on 750s. That means skilled riders on 750s will easy beat 600s.

If the guys in RACE have worked to create a 300 grid obviously there's some concern with unfair advantages present with the allowed bikes in the Lightweight grid.

Don't deflect.

You're claiming that a 400cc street based two stoke would be significant performance advantage. Tell us which bikes (make and model) you are referring to.

Don't give 2 ***** which make or model. It's in the rule book.

This thread has turned into a "suck it up buttercup" thread. I think there is probably less people looking into it now then even before.

Thoughts.
First all of you are missing ONE huge point here. Kawasaki is not doing this to offer a start up option for racers. THEY WANT TO SELL motorcycles, plain and simple. As for the costs of the kits as they would say "thats racing". Did money change hands to be on the "official list" hmmmmm, who knows (wink) . My feeling on classes like this is they do serve as a springboard if done right. I am afraid this will be a dismal failure just as the CBR250 cup was. The 125 was a great series BUT was heavily subsidized by Honda. The bikes, the kits, Honda even carted the bikes to the tracks had mechanics and spares on hand. This made it EASY and appealing to moms and dads to get little Billy in, no fuss no muss. Then they dropped the support trackside. The 250 was bigger money, kit was bigger money, parts were full price and grids fell.
On to the Kawi program. Bikes are full price, kit costs what it costs, havent heard of trackside support stuff? My guess is this will be a carbon of the 250 cup only with a green tint. Kawi will likely keep the bikes and plug writers on them to fill the grids.
As for the regionals there is NO 300 class in the rulebook for a reason. There just isnt enough of them. When we were doing the rules it was mentioned but nixed. Now that said SOAR and RACE classes are 100% identical with one caveat we can add classes outside of the championship if we see/feel a need. I did have a conversation with RACE this past week and the impromptu 300 class at RACEs last regional was not approved nor known about before it was added and I am not sure if it will remain I imagine if grids appear they may keep it......not my call. As for SOAR there is little chance of a "300 class" the bikes IMO are covered in the existing classes. We havent had ANY interest in a production class as yet Ltwt SBK on the other hand has had some nice racing.
Lets be honest the Kawi Cup bikes wouldnt be "production" legal anyway they have modified suspension, exhaust, fueling and shifting electronics etc.
I guess we will see where this all leads but I am betting its flat at best with Jornos riding Kawasaki's bikes as a freebie making up the lions share of the grids.

No I don't believe you, because you guys are posting contradicting information.

I'm being told skilled riders on 600s are beating new riders on 750s. That means skilled riders on 750s will easy beat 600s.

If the guys in RACE have worked to create a 300 grid obviously there's some concern with unfair advantages present with the allowed bikes in the Lightweight grid.

No.

Again.

What we are trying to tell you (ignore Benny) is that the performance difference between the bikes in that class is minimal.

A good rider on a 600 can still be competitive against the litre bikes (except maybe at mosport). Even with that big a performance difference rider ability still plays the biggest role.

In the lightweight production class where the performance difference is considerably smaller rider ability is even more important. I only asked what you weigh just to point out that even within a 100% spec class not everything is equal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom