So are all the demo rides going to be scrapped this year? (but mostly BMW cluster discussion) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So are all the demo rides going to be scrapped this year? (but mostly BMW cluster discussion)

Let me guess: fob battery died on you at an inopportune time?

I've heard stories that you need to keep the key very far away from the bike because if it's stored anywhere close, like hanging on the wall on the other side of the garage, the fob will keep trying to communicate to the bike and drain the battery completely within a few months...
nooooo. let's just say the fob and i went separate ways at one point during a ride.

I read somewhere that rider must use BMW's comm system? I may be mistaken. That would piss me off.
not true.

i paired my old samsung note 10 to the bike, then the cardo to the bike. system then works through the speakers in the helmet.

i'm not a fan of in helmet speakers so then i ditched those for in ear headphones. worked okay but sometimes you crank the bike and the phone isn't paired but the comms is. need to unpair and repair everything...was a pita. so then i just do phone to comms, and i still get everything i want except turn by turn on the screen. whatever. i'd prefer to see the real dash anyways, voice turn by turn is enough for me. then since i wasn't really using the comms ( i ride solo mostly) i decided to sell it.

so going forward i'll do phone direct to samsung bluetooth ear buds. i get my wind blockage and music without having to interact with the bike. if i ride with someone i can whatsapp them.

also have an iphone now so all the apps are playing together even nicer.

yeah $350-4 i believe. there is a spare key

so I take it the spare key is detected by the bike? and it runs ok without the fob?

so I take it the spare key is detected by the bike? and it runs ok without the fob?
yeah, it has a transmitter in it, you can rub it on a specific location on the gas tank and it will fire up

Large events like Ride for Sight or Superbike Races at Mosport for two often have a a bunch of dealers doing demos. If you play you cards right you can ride 3,4 or 5 bikes in a day. Groups rides so you can't go crazy. That said I had a bike run out of gas on a demo. The tailgunner swapped bikes with me and told me to "try and catch up with them" WHOOOWWWEEEE!!!

Yamaha demo rides this Friday and Saturday:

Yamaha demo rides this Friday and Saturday:

do they have a vaccine for stupiditis?
Theres a permanent outbreak in florida

I've been reading up on their Connected App. Not many bad reviews.

I have it on my F900XR it's pretty good for turn by turn, I don't have the nice map like these super huge displays but I don't mind I find that kind of distracting anyway. I had lots of issues on the first few rides before I figured out I had to keep my phone plugged in to power to prevent it from losing communication with the bike.

I read somewhere that rider must use BMW's comm system? I may be mistaken. That would piss me off.

I use a Sena comm system and it works fine. Only thing I haven't set up yet is how to get the phone calling working on the bike. Right now I just have my headset paired to my phone, and the bike paired to the phone - not phone to bike.

I have it on my F900XR it's pretty good for turn by turn, I don't have the nice map like these super huge displays but I don't mind I find that kind of distracting anyway. I had lots of issues on the first few rides before I figured out I had to keep my phone plugged in to power to prevent it from losing communication with the bike.

I use a Sena comm system and it works fine. Only thing I haven't set up yet is how to get the phone calling working on the bike. Right now I just have my headset paired to my phone, and the bike paired to the phone - not phone to bike.
How are you liking the 900?

yes you’ll need to connect

phone > bike
sena > bike

to get the full features. I found it more trouble then it’s worth IMO.

if I had the nice new juicy screen with actual maps on it, I’d be more inclined to use the setup going forward.

How are you liking the 900?

yes you’ll need to connect

phone > bike
sena > bike

to get the full features. I found it more trouble then it’s worth IMO.

if I had the nice new juicy screen with actual maps on it, I’d be more inclined to use the setup going forward.

So far so good. Nice engine, lots of character. I owned an F800GT back in 2013-2014 and this is definitely an evolution of that same familiar powerplant. I sold the GT in part because it was ridiculously expensive to insure. The XR for some reason is 40% less despite having a larger engine - presumably because it's considered an 'adventure' bike not a 'sport touring'? Who knows... I just know it's not much more than my V-Strom 650. But a lot more fun to ride. Plus it has electronic cruise control option which I *love*.

Only thing I need to fix is the rock hard seat but that's a common issue with many bikes.

So far so good. Nice engine, lots of character. I owned an F800GT back in 2013-2014 and this is definitely an evolution of that same familiar powerplant. I sold the GT in part because it was ridiculously expensive to insure. The XR for some reason is 40% less despite having a larger engine - presumably because it's considered an 'adventure' bike not a 'sport touring'? Who knows... I just know it's not much more than my V-Strom 650. But a lot more fun to ride. Plus it has electronic cruise control option which I *love*.

Only thing I need to fix is the rock hard seat but that's a common issue with many bikes.
Yes. My broker when quoting said.
“Oh okay, not a sports bike on the XR” I was like sure, whatever your system says.

Back
Top Bottom