Smoking the good stuff in your car | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smoking the good stuff in your car

DOHC1

Hypothetical scenario:

Winter is here, meaning walks in the park wont be happening as much when I'm meeting up with my good friend Mary Jane. A lot of people I know (heck, most of em) like to meet Mary Jane in their cars. The problem I see there is the potential impaired driving charge that the cop can lay by you being in "care and control" of the vehicle, by being in the front seat and having the keys. Does sitting in the back seat, with the keys in the glovebox put you legally out of care and control? I dont drive afterwards.. just park down the street and walk back home when you`re done. The last thing I want is an impaired driving charge when I'm just using the car as a place to meet my friend.

Another thing that always boggled my mind..with alcohol they have Breathalyzers to prove in court that you were drunk. How do they "prove" in court that someone was high while driving? I don't think breathalyzer would pick that up, and pretty sure asking for blood/urine is unconstitutional. So how do these Impaired Driving with Mary Jane charges play down in court?
Input?

Thanks!:happy2:

Hypothetical scenario:

Winter is here, meaning walks in the park wont be happening as much when I'm meeting up with my good friend Mary Jane. A lot of people I know (heck, most of em) like to meet Mary Jane in their cars. The problem I see there is the potential impaired driving charge that the cop can lay by you being in "care and control" of the vehicle, by being in the front seat and having the keys. Does sitting in the back seat, with the keys in the glovebox put you legally out of care and control? I dont drive afterwards.. just park down the street and walk back home when you`re done. The last thing I want is an impaired driving charge when I'm just using the car as a place to meet my friend.

Another thing that always boggled my mind..with alcohol they have Breathalyzers to prove in court that you were drunk. How do they "prove" in court that someone was high while driving? I don't think breathalyzer would pick that up, and pretty sure asking for blood/urine is unconstitutional. So how do these Impaired Driving with Mary Jane charges play down in court?
Input?

December's a bad month to be "stink'n up the car" - (over abundance of Ride programs.)
There have been numerous attempts to use a "breathalyzer" for weed, but most (if not all) have failed.
Nothing is unconstitutional, if the cop 'suspects'.
Hair analysis, saliva and or blood samples can prove THC is stored in your body (the fatty tissues hold onto it).
The problem the courts have been having, is, drawing a line to prove 'impairment' like booze, i.e. .08 or whatever it is.
THC can remain in your system for days / weeks, without having been "revitalized", but they've yet to come up with any concrete numbers as to "label" you "impaired.
I heard a few yrs ago that Hamilton had 4 of the "measuring devices". Apparently, no one has been taught how to use them...............yet.

Bottom line - stay out of the car while "medicating".

Dunno why its so hard as an adult to just sit your butt at home and avoid all the hastle.

Many potential scenarios for not just sitting your butt at home

- unapproving significant other
- keeping the secret from the kids
- unannounced visit from friend or family
- second hand smoke for others
- never mind that the smell lingers forever
- pissing off the neighbors

DOHC1 I would just do my thing cause puffing doesn't make you a criminal just go for a quick walk and screw what people think, there is more damage being done in society with legal substances like alcohol.I haven't heard of too many lives and families being destroyed by smoking weed.

Last edited:
Dunno why its so hard as an adult to just sit your butt at home and avoid all the hastle.

20 years old, live at home. Can`t smoke at home, but even my doc tells me to keep smoking as its the only thing that helps with my migraines. Should have my MMAR card within a few weeks, after i see my neurologist.. it will make things with cops much easier.

December's a bad month to be "stink'n up the car" - (over abundance of Ride programs.)
There have been numerous attempts to use a "breathalyzer" for weed, but most (if not all) have failed.
Nothing is unconstitutional, if the cop 'suspects'.
Hair analysis, saliva and or blood samples can prove THC is stored in your body (the fatty tissues hold onto it).
The problem the courts have been having, is, drawing a line to prove 'impairment' like booze, i.e. .08 or whatever it is.
THC can remain in your system for days / weeks, without having been "revitalized", but they've yet to come up with any concrete numbers as to "label" you "impaired.
I heard a few yrs ago that Hamilton had 4 of the "measuring devices". Apparently, no one has been taught how to use them...............yet.

Bottom line - stay out of the car while "medicating".

December is brutal lol, ride checks everywhere! I usually dont mind em because i dont drive impaired, but when your car smells like a grow up from last night`s hotbox..it`s a bit nerve racking. Once I get my MMAR card I can`t wait to light a joint outside the police station with a GoPro running to catch the response.

Last edited:
December is brutal lol, ride checks everywhere! I usually dont mind em because i dont drive impaired, but when your car smells like a grow up from last night`s hotbox..it`s a bit nerve racking. Once I get my MMAR card I can`t wait to light a joint outside the police station with a GoPro running to catch the response.

Get your license and stay cool. Sparking one up in front of the cop shop proves NOTHING, go pro, or no go pro. That's not the intention of handing out licenses'.

Get some of this for the "hotbox":

ozium_big.jpg

Last edited:

To prove what?

99% of cops don't give a rats a** about weed. Even without your card, as long as it's a small amount, you're not driving, and you don't act like a dipshit when they talk to you, they'll just tell you to go home.

Input?

BC gets blood tests (not sure of the procedure required re:permission required by courts or not). I think the limit is 5 ug/ml or something like that

The lack of a reliable roadside test is a big issue here. Given the nature of how THC is metabolized and current drug testing methods, it is unlikely that there will be a reliable roadside test any time in the near future. Given the number of times I smell weed in the car in front of me while driving home from work, I would tend to say that this is a bigger issue at present than is alcohol impairment. The law will eventually catch up and I predict that the way it does will not be pretty, since it has already been suggested that roadside blood tests for alcohol should be made legal.

You sir should YouTube weed Popper's and while your at it get your self a toilet paper tube and stuff it with bounce dryer sheets for the exhale.
What you get out of the Popper method
-A real heavy quick hit that gets you where you want to be.
-use even less M.J.
-when you get good enough you can do it in your house and blow it out the window
- it will smell like your doing laundry.

When me and my brother lived at home I watched him hit a weed popper and exhale out the window in a smoke free house with my folks the next room over. No one was the wiser!

This is my signature

Last edited:
The lack of a reliable roadside test is a big issue here. Given the nature of how THC is metabolized and current drug testing methods, it is unlikely that there will be a reliable roadside test any time in the near future. Given the number of times I smell weed in the car in front of me while driving home from work, I would tend to say that this is a bigger issue at present than is alcohol impairment. The law will eventually catch up and I predict that the way it does will not be pretty, since it has already been suggested that roadside blood tests for alcohol should be made legal.
This. I smell it almost daily. Apparently some people just can't wait till they get home and really need to hit the green stuff in rush hour traffic on the way home.

Even if I was the type to occasionally drive while high, I sure as hell wouldn't do it in downtown Toronto rush hour traffic.

rush hour on the highway is best...might as well be high the whole way.
Traffic is already slow as ****, so slowing yourself down as well ain't too detrimental and everyone is going in one direction.
Just make sure you move over to right lane because you'll probably be going about 10 km/h slower than everyone else...

rush hour on the highway is best...might as well be high the whole way.
Traffic is already slow as ****, so slowing yourself down as well ain't too detrimental and everyone is going in one direction.
Just make sure you move over to right lane because you'll probably be going about 10 km/h slower than everyone else...
Considering how many people I see going like 60 kph on the 401 even though the road is clear for like a km in front of them, I don't want people going any slower. I think half the reason Toronto gets so backed up during rush hour is people drive insanely slow whether they're stuck in traffic or not.

Considering how many people I see going like 60 kph on the 401 even though the road is clear for like a km in front of them, I don't want people going any slower. I think half the reason Toronto gets so backed up during rush hour is people drive insanely slow whether they're stuck in traffic or not.

Lol, everyone is on the stuff

This is my signature

Vaporizer for home?

There's some good recipes for making butter and cooking oils too.

Portable Vaporizor if you must. Almost no smell and looks like your sipping a pop.

Don't drive stoned and you're good. Yeah I'm preaching!

Vaporizer for home?

There's some good recipes for making butter and cooking oils too.

I've been told by numerous people that making butter or oil at home will stink your whole house to high heaven. He probably doesn't want to do that.

+1 for the portable vaporizer. It does still smell a bit. I remember we smoked outta one before an indoor soccer game, and despite the massive amounts of tiger bomb and stinky socks, you could still smell the skunk in the locker room

Back
Top Bottom