Small trailers? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Small trailers?

I usually also shorten the straps a bit so that there isn't so much excess, and secure the excess with either little velcro cable ties, or masking tape, to keep them from flapping around. It's just annoying if the loose end damages your bike's paint, but I think it would be downright unpleasant if the loose end got wrapped around the trailer axle.
I got a set of retractable straps from Princess Auto on sale. For the extra few bucks, they're a huge time saver - no more rolling up straps or untangling them, or tying up loose ends.

I personally don't trust the open 'J' hooks on the straps, but that's just me. If the bike's suspension compresses when going over a big bump, the straps can get loose for a moment and the open hook can unhook itself.

That's why you put a wooden block or support under the bike's engine, to prevent this. I drive a commercial flatbed truck loaded with every kind of things that have wheels and I always do this. "J" hooks are even illegal with the MTO for commercial truckers, with civilians they don't care and they can't do nothing about it.

It looks treacherous when you are riding that bike up that high in that narrow railing. And I won't always have 2 buddies to help me roll the bike on top of it. It's a 3-man trailer.

That trailer only sits about 8 inches off the ground. I'm all of 5"5' and never had a problem pushing anything less than 450 lbs. onto it by myself.

It looks treacherous when you are riding that bike up that high in that narrow railing. And I won't always have 2 buddies to help me roll the bike on top of it. It's a 3-man trailer.
Honestly it’s super easy. The bike is maybe 8-10” off the ground and it went on smoother than I expected.

Following all the comments I may end up looking for different straps.

Jumping on the thread to see if anyone is selling a trailer for mostly track days, with some utility, use. 4x8 and folding is the target to store it in the garage.

I'm looking at the HTS trailer but checking to see if anyone is selling used first.

just for fun.
Nice trailer. I’m sure I can get rid of it fast if it doesn’t meet the requirements lol. I haven’t bothered taking it apart yet as it fits in the garage nice.

140km with zero issues. Except one bolt rattled out so had to McGyver something to keep the plate from falling off.

Attachments

• 565F6A21-8BDA-41A3-A902-42374048BC0A.jpeg
    565F6A21-8BDA-41A3-A902-42374048BC0A.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 37
140km with zero issues. Except one bolt rattled out so had to McGyver something to keep the plate from falling off.
That's a lot of straps. I look forward to cottage trip number 30 with an elastic band around the front brake lever and two bungee cords holding the rear in place.

That's a lot of straps. I look forward to cottage trip number 30 with an elastic band around the front brake lever and two bungee cords holding the rear in place.

Most straps was 6 once. Very nice bike I didn't own. Usually only 4. After towing for years from crap to multi million dollar equipment and cars. Never to many straps. Any movement just gets more as you drive. I always stop just before the highway and check them again. doesn't cost anyting but some time to be careful.

I look forward to cottage trip number 30 with an elastic band around the front brake lever and two bungee cords holding the rear in place.

Just a heads up that should you ever get pulled into one of those roadside inspection blitzes that you see on TV every now and then (or you get an OPP that goes past and has something similar on his mind, particularly on a long weekend or whatever) that'll quite likely catch you an "insecure load" charge. $160 IIRC, but no points or whatnot. But they can make you "remedy" it on the side of the road, so you'll have to drop the trailer and drive to a Canadian Tire or whatever to pickup some straps.

Much like many other HTA statutes, officer discretion carries a lot of weight in determining what's "insecure" as well. But only 2 bungees (not even ratchet/cinch) with nothing on the front wheel at all would almost certainly carry the charge.

5 straps total. But since they’re a bit longer I was able to get creative. The 5th (red) one was just hanging around and ‘couldn’t hurt’ type of thought.

We take the side roads so I stopped 3-4 times for a quick look. Zero movement or loosened strap. Now just to find some time to actually ride is the next challenge.

Just a heads up that should you ever get pulled into one of those roadside inspection blitzes that you see on TV every now and then (or you get an OPP that goes past and has something similar on his mind, particularly on a long weekend or whatever) that'll quite likely catch you an "insecure load" charge. $160 IIRC, but no points or whatnot. But they can make you "remedy" it on the side of the road, so you'll have to drop the trailer and drive to a Canadian Tire or whatever to pickup some straps.

Much like many other HTA statutes, officer discretion carries a lot of weight in determining what's "insecure" as well. But only 2 bungees (not even ratchet/cinch) with nothing on the front wheel at all would almost certainly carry the charge.
I know, I know. Small amount of sarcasm didnt make it across. I normally use too many straps as well. Straps are cheap, cargo going off on its own adventure isnt.

The only strap i use. They can't fall off.
FbCe5uM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom