Slip on exhaust | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Slip on exhaust

Noise would stop bicyclists getting squashed by trucks at right hand turns when they filter up into their blind spot at intersections. That's a thing too that happens at least once or twice a summer, lest anyone forget.
Just how much more noise would the truck need to be making?

Just how much more noise would the truck need to be making?

Please don't tell me you missed my point again.

Assuming you didn't and are making a joke about how stupid bicyclists can be, I agree. That doesn't mean I want to be the guy who ends up killing one because I didn't see (nor hear) them ride up into my blind spot.

You ride up into that exact same blind spot on a MC that's making some noise, yeah, I'm going to know you're there. That could be the difference between you becoming a red smear on asphalt, or not.

Unless that bicycle is equipped with that train horn no way is it going to be making sufficient noise to signal that it is passing in your blind spot and if you have that keen of a sense of sound direction considering how sound moves you are amazing. Now what about the deaf guy over there because he has a drivers license too.

Face it you guys just want to make lots of vroom noise and you are grasping at straws to justify it. What are you going to do when your next ride is electric, yell lots?

Passing on your right!
FESGFEWIBL6A2MJ.LARGE.jpg

You guys could all benefit from spending a day in a vehicle where you have to rely on more than just sight to drive it safely.

Or just don't believe me. I don't really care.

Just remember next time you're passing a semi somewhere on the 401 and you get put in a position that's less than ideal through no fault of your own, the guy in the drivers seat is more likely to not change lanes into you if he knows your there.

Personally, I like to as many methods as possible to achieve that when I'm the guy on the MC instead of behind the wheel of the truck.

I guess seeing it from both sides probably changes my perspective. That tends to happen when you have actual real world experience with something.

Passing on your left now!
FESGFEWIBL6A2MJ.LARGE.jpg

You guys could all benefit from spending a day in a vehicle where you have to rely on more than just sight to drive it safely.

Or just don't believe me. I don't really care.

Just remember next time you're passing a semi somewhere on the 401 and you get put in a position that's less than ideal through no fault of your own, the guy in the drivers seat is more likely to not change lanes into you if he knows your there.

Personally, I like to as many methods as possible to achieve that when I'm the guy on the MC instead of behind the wheel of the truck.

I guess seeing it from both sides probably changes my perspective. That tends to happen when you have actual real world experience with something.
How does one end up in a blind spot through no fault of their own?

Unless that bicycle is equipped with that train horn no way is it going to be making sufficient noise to signal that it is passing in your blind spot and if you have that keen of a sense of sound direction considering how sound moves you are amazing. Now what about the deaf guy over there because he has a drivers license too.

Face it you guys just want to make lots of vroom noise and you are grasping at straws to justify it. What are you going to do when your next ride is electric, yell lots?

EV manufacturers may be required to have their vehicles make noise to lessen hazards to pedestrians.

New law to tackle electric cars’ silent menace to pedestrians

Now why do you suppose noise might be a good thing from a vehicle? And why would such a measure -- a vehicle making sound -- not translate to the discussion at hand?

Jeez, some people are like anti-vaxxers on this topic.

EV manufacturers may be required to have their vehicles make noise to lessen hazards to pedestrians.

New law to tackle electric cars’ silent menace to pedestrians

Now why do you suppose noise might be a good thing from a vehicle? And why would such a measure -- a vehicle making sound -- not translate to the discussion at hand?

Jeez, some people are like anti-vaxxers on this topic.
I knew this was coming. Years back a family friend left a Prius Hybrid with my dad. I went over to visit one day and my dad was shuffling cars out of the driveway when i got there. Watching that thing back out and then eventually back in without making a sound was pretty scary. I assumed back then that as these kind of vehicles got more popular we would eventually see an uptick in pedestrian accidents.

If you are fitting a street legal exhaust on your street bike more power to you.
but; None are so blind as those who do not wish to see:

"Note: All M4 systems are designed and intended for closed-course competition use ONLY."

That's not a rough guideline warning that's the law, yep, some people don't like to set out to knowingly break laws and others apparently don't give a hoot.

If you are fitting a street legal exhaust on your street bike more power to you.
but; None are so blind as those who do not wish to see:

"Note: All M4 systems are designed and intended for closed-course competition use ONLY."

That's not a rough guideline warning that's the law, yep, some people don't like to set out to knowingly break laws and others apparently don't give a hoot.
ooookaaay Trials. There is no true victim to this 'crime.' I know you have an odd hard on for this aftermarket exhaust ordeal via a few threads but i don't really think it's worth the time. I would bet dollars to donuts that you have knowingly broken laws in your lifetime, perhaps you do so daily like most people (forget to indicate/cross solid white line/rolling stop/etc).

I knew this was coming. Years back a family friend left a Prius Hybrid with my dad. I went over to visit one day and my dad was shuffling cars out of the driveway when i got there. Watching that thing back out and then eventually back in without making a sound was pretty scary. I assumed back then that as these kind of vehicles got more popular we would eventually see an uptick in pedestrian accidents.
Most of the people that will be hurt by these "too quiet" vehicles are the ones buried in their devices.Too bad that you can't fix stupid.

ooookaaay Trials. There is no true victim to this 'crime.' I know you have an odd hard on for this aftermarket exhaust ordeal via a few threads but i don't really think it's worth the time. I would bet dollars to donuts that you have knowingly broken laws in your lifetime, perhaps you do so daily like most people (forget to indicate/cross solid white line/rolling stop/etc).
True indeed, I hacksawed 3 inches of exhaust baffle off of my Suzuki 80
when I was 11 years old <- was a stupid childish idea.

True indeed, I hacksawed 3 inches of exhaust baffle off of my Suzuki 80
when I was 11 years old QUOTE]

But, I bet it sounded awesome and was better at power wheelies!!!!

Sure, wisdom comes with age but, we don’t ride to be wise do we?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ride for fun and exercise.
dude :| it was a Suzuki 80 and my first motorcycle,
it did nothing except make the baffle fall to pieces.

I'm feeling pretty safe taking the higher ground on this one, unless you live in a cave you should have noticed the government is taking the whole EPA thing pretty serious. Wisdom would be to hang your OEM exhaust on the wall for when you will need it some day.

I ride for fun and exercise.
dude :| it was a Suzuki 80 and my first motorcycle,
it did nothing except make the baffle fall to pieces.

I'm feeling pretty safe taking the higher ground on this one, unless you live in a cave you should have noticed the government is taking the whole EPA thing pretty serious. Wisdom would be to hang your OEM exhaust on the wall for when you will need it some day.
You'll be happy to note this news just broke;

Toronto’s new noise bylaw targets motorcycles, concerts, clubs and construction | The Star

Modern hybrids and EVs make a "warning" noise at slow speeds under electric power. I drove a 2018 Prius and couldn't figure out what that wierd chirping noise was until I looked it up. Kind of sounds like those electric forklifts in the big box hardware stores.

News on crack-downs doesn't make me happy it just seems so obviously inevitable, all it would take is for the law makers to demand a mechanics certificate confirming the OEM emissions equipment is in place to get your tag for your modern motorcycle and how many of you guys would be scrambling for parts instead of riding?

I never liked the sound of a 2 cylinder bike with an aftermarket exhaust on it. They all sound like a series of never ending farts projected through a megaphone!
I did love the sound of the Akrapovic exhaust I have on my 06 Kawi ZX-6R. Tastefully loud is the best way to describe it. I did not put it on for any pretence of having the sound save my life. I just plain liked the way it sounded. Never have got to see if it would pass the "noise test" but I think it might. Not even close to as loud as that Honda clip someone posted earlier.

Back
Top Bottom