Sidecar laws | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sidecar laws

ferda

Does anyone know what the the law is around having children in a sidecar. I know the "bike law" is that they need to be over 14 to ride on the highway, and that they need to be able to touch the pegs. However, sidecars dont have pegs... sooo what's the law around kids in sidecars?

TIA

Does anyone know what the the law is around having children in a sidecar. I know the "bike law" is that they need to be over 14 to ride on the highway, and that they need to be able to touch the pegs. However, sidecars dont have pegs... sooo what's the law around kids in sidecars?

TIA
As far as I know there isn't one other than having to wear an approved helmet.

TIA
Not sure where you got the 14 from but as long as they can reach the footpegs they can ride on the back. I think they just have to wear a helmet to
to ride in a sidecar

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, no requirements than to have a helmet, and common sense be old enough that their neck can support said helmet, (Ie can't be a 2 week old baby)...lmao.

Just landed late last night from Cuba, seeing a lot more side cars in the Varadero area than I did say 15 years ago

I saw this insane expensive looking Harley side "car" at the forks a few years ago. It looked like a small space shuttle capsule. Super fancy looking thing with two seats, that had a bubble front shield where the whole front folded up to get out. With the front folded down, it was fully closed in.

Anyways he had both kids in it and the wife on the back. It looked like it was $15k.

Back
Top Bottom