She's gone... you have to let her go. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

She's gone... you have to let her go.

Ducati Supersport is the front runner. I have been eyeing them for some time.
quickshifter and sexy fairing
sizeable bump in displacement too
me likely

Check insurance first tho, with a name like supersport you never now

quickshifter and sexy fairing
sizeable bump in displacement too
me likely

Check insurance first tho, with a name like supersport you never now
Not enough people crashing them. Insurance will be fine.

To play devils advocate, the one thing that really terrifies insurance companies is unknowns. 😉

I was lucky, pretty badly broken wrist, bumps and bruises everywhere, but lucky.

8 weeks min if they don't have to do surgery, I find out tomorrow.

Ducati Supersport is the front runner. I have been eyeing them for some time.
Hope you recover quickly. Those bikes are really nice, I saw a few of them in person when I ordered my bike but unfortunately I didn't get to see one in red. Hopefully they have some available stock for you though, my Ducati seems to be taking a while to get to Canada.

Obviously forks way stronger than the frame. Not that it really matters, but I find the way the frame tubes fractured to be a bit odd, I would have expected the frame to bend, not break in the manner it did. There should be a lot of good parts on that bike for whoever parts it out.

The frame tubes snapped between the weld to the steering stem and the weld to the bracket for the ignition switch and fuel tank. I'd say their welding is up to spec.

Truss structures don't like bending much.

Good to see that you are still here typing at us.

Must have been a hell of a stoppie.

I wrote one off years ago and being the owner had the option to buy it cheap before it went to auction. Do insurance companies still do that? Like someone else mentioned, don’t take the first offer, fight with them for the correct value.
Godspeed

Flesh wound. Carry on.

I wrote one off years ago and being the owner had the option to buy it cheap before it went to auction. Do insurance companies still do that? Like someone else mentioned, don’t take the first offer, fight with them for the correct value.
Godspeed
Normally you can keep the bike and get a cheque. You pay the highest bid they had for it. Not sure if it gets branded. Before you can insure it again, you nornally need to completely repair it, you cant just ziptie fairings back together for instance. Most people are better letting the bike go and starting again.

Really depends on the company you're with.
Allstate rates them as a super sport - simply due to the name. I asked for a quote, and it's about $400 more per year than I pay for my KTM RC8r!!! Ack!

Godspeed
Depends on the level of damage.
Frame, forget it. Bike is pretty much done and will never be on the street again.
If it's just engine covers, body work, damaged forks, then yes. You will likely get to buy it back.

My old Buell 1125r got run over in my driveway, and snapped the left peg off the engine casing (dumb place to mount one, but that's the way it was). Engine would need to be replaced. Insurance wrote the bike off, but didn't brand it.

Back
Top Bottom