shell kills easypay as of June 1st | GTAMotorcycle.com

shell kills easypay as of June 1st

just_luc

Site Supporter
Is anyone else really ****** off about this?

because of the easypay tag i gas up at shell exclusively.. i have one on my car keys too, but its especially convenient on the bike.. when your in a hurry you could swipe you keychain and fill up without even taking your gloves off.. not to mention still be able to fill up if you accidentally forget your wallet..

if they dont come up with an equally convenient replacement, they've lost my business...

I use the fast pay(or whatever it's called) with my CC at most stations, fast and easy + I get PC points. Hope that is not going as well.

I use the fast pay(or whatever it's called) with my CC at most stations, fast and easy + I get PC points. Hope that is not going as well.

PayPass with MasterCard. I have one too. I personally don't find it very quick at Timmies. -.-

All of those are crap.... (esso + shell)

I say this cause they are all mutually exclusive. Imagine if every store you went to had their own proprietary quick pay system!

PAYPASS is what they should all adopt, cause it's universal and you can then just carry one method of payment for everything.

When I get gas at Petro Canada, I just hold my tank bag up the sensor, and my mastercard works through my wallet, inside my tankbag.

Pioneer has some NFC setup with chipped Visa cards, at least at the counters. Probably at the pumps too.. Gonna investigate next time I need a fuel-up and it's late at night (usually I go to an indie).

Most stations? Paypass only works at Petro Canada? is there more stations that accept paypass?

I am really ****** about it. They would have lost my business too if there wasn't a rumour going around that Shell has the cleanest gas available.

I am really ****** about it. They would have lost my business too if there wasn't a rumour going around that Shell has the cleanest gas available.

What rumor?

I know Shell is basically the only place to get gasoline in Toronto. Everyone else sells ethanol blends.

It's only slow due a SEVERE lack of training at Timmies.

No I am referring to the machines.
I hold my card up, it says processing........................................................I move my card away and put it back and then bam it works.

I tried to put the card and move it away as soon as it says processing so that I can put it back, doesn't work.
Gotta let the dial-up machine do it's pre-2000 job I guess.

Most stations? Paypass only works at Petro Canada? is there more stations that accept paypass?

I think I've been to other stations that had it setup, But the main stations I do go to are petro, because of location.

All of those are crap.... (esso + shell)

I say this cause they are all mutually exclusive. Imagine if every store you went to had their own proprietary quick pay system!

PAYPASS is what they should all adopt, cause it's universal and you can then just carry one method of payment for everything.

When I get gas at Petro Canada, I just hold my tank bag up the sensor, and my mastercard works through my wallet, inside my tankbag.

paypass is fine if they're going to adopt that at the pumps, but i find it pretty hard to beleive it works through your tank bag.. the readers are not suposed to be that strong.. regardless, that still wont work for me as i have several paypass enabled cards in my wallet, some business, some personal.. i need to be able to charge my gas to a certain card, not hold up my wallet and play card lottery lol and i dont want to take off my gloves, pull out my wallet and sort through cards.. maybe i can order and extra card, cut the rfid chip out and stick that to my keychain lol

What rumor?

I know Shell is basically the only place to get gasoline in Toronto. Everyone else sells ethanol blends.

this is true, and another reason i go to shell aswell, along with airmiles.. but i didnt feel mentioning other reasons i go there helped the threat i was trying to make.. the point is im ****** off about easy pay! lol

paypass is fine if they're going to adopt that at the pumps, but i find it pretty hard to beleive it works through your tank bag.. the readers are not suposed to be that strong..

I assure you, it does work! The distance from my card to the sensor is realistically 0.5" or less, through 1 layer of leather and 1 layer of nylon/cordura.

I have a thin leather wallet, kept in the front pocket of my Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag.

Back
Top Bottom