Service Ontario Service Interuption........ | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Service Ontario Service Interuption........

service Ontario May ask for the mileage but it’s not recorded. No km show up on uvip packages for bikes. That said I usually over estimate it for insurance and government a bit just in case.

service Ontario May ask for the mileage but it’s not recorded. No km show up on uvip packages for bikes. That said I usually over estimate it for insurance and government a bit just in case.
i dont think thats entirely true. when i purchased my bike i had to buy the uvip for it since the seller didnt give me one and there are km reading all over from previous owner transfers and i believe there are service record readings too

The UVIP for the bike I purchased in October does not have any km readings/recordings

The UVIP that I took out for the bike I just sold last Monday also did not have any km recordings either.

That's weird. maybe im mistaken but i think mine does i'll have to double check when i get home this week! apologies im probably mistaken

What you are describing sounds like a carproof report, not a UVIP. Those show the mileage reported when registering or servicing a vehicle.

On the website, it says the UVIP shows the km but I've never seen that info on a UVIP, including the one I just got last month for a bike I sold. And they don't show wholesale values for motorcycles either.

This is from Service Ontario:

You need to provide a used vehicle information package (UVIP) to a buyer when you sell a pre-owned vehicle.

This package contains:

the vehicle details (including the year, make, model, colour, body type, cylinders and power)
a vehicle registration history in Ontario (including all present and previous owners, their city of residence and odometer reading)
the package will include information about the vehicle currently attached to that plate number
Vehicle lien information (a lien claimant has a right to the car or the amount owed from you)
the average wholesale value of the vehicle (minimum value on which Retail Sales Tax (RST) will apply)
Retail Sales Tax (RST) information
Condition of the vehicle:
if it’s mechanically unfit and has not received a Safety Standards Certificate
if it’s been completely dismantled or crushed
bill of sale section

My neighbour runs a service ontario. Their location has stopped serving the public due to their deplorable behaviour (obviously sick and/or people that just returned from vacation were a high percentage of the drop ins) and was only processing dealer orders. The margins are razor thin at the best of times. With the much lower volume, they wont be able to stay open unless dougie props them up. They are like most businesses right now with almost no income and lots of expenses.
I don’t blame them from shutting down, their service is not essential, delaying renewals is easy, the gov't has already done it. >80% of service Ontario requests can be done online.

As far as margins go, the store operators do pretty well. The private ones operate from tiny premises, they don't have the same massive overhead that govt run Service Ontario outlets have (fancy premises in marquis locations, PSU staffing etc). No competition, and at 20 comissionable transactions and hour generates over $70/hr per clerk -- that's a pretty decent margin and income.

20 comissionable transactions and hour generates over $70/hr per clerk

The one at the CAA on Dundurn pushes through far more than that. They usually have at least 5 wickets open and are damn good at their jobs. And a #@&* of a lot more pleasant than the ones at the government Service Ontario buildings, that's for sure.

The one at the CAA on Dundurn pushes through far more than that. They usually have at least 5 wickets open and are damn good at their jobs. And a #@&* of a lot more pleasant than the ones at the government Service Ontario buildings, that's for sure.
I'm sure the efficient ones do better. I have 2 in town, they are about 2km apart. One runs like a gov't office -- nobody moves too fast, the other store is always hustling -- they are like a busy coffee shop.

Interesting thread that I've started. What if service Ontario gets back to regular operating hours in June? Can you imagine the line ups at the kiosks now that they have to process a 90 day back log of individuals? What if people just totally forget to get their stickers renewed? What happens if motorists still have not renewed by September and then they just say ah, fack it, I'm gonna have a freebie this year on the Man and the Province. With people that have multiple bikes and cars, a few hundred bucks is at stake here. Thoughts? Is 2020 the year of the "dirty riding rat"?

Interesting thread that I've started. What if service Ontario gets back to regular operating hours in June? Can you imagine the line ups at the kiosks now that they have to process a 90 day back log of individuals? What if people just totally forget to get their stickers renewed? What happens if motorists still have not renewed by September and then they just say ah, fack it, I'm gonna have a freebie this year on the Man and the Province. With people that have multiple bikes and cars, a few hundred bucks is at stake here. Thoughts? Is 2020 the year of the "dirty riding rat"?
My suspicion is the government will say at some point, you have 60 days to get up to date. Online stickers are available. If you cant do it online and cant be bothered to go in to the office, you deserve to get a ticket.

In what is probably the best case scenario, you have an expired march sticker and govt doesnt require compliance until ~sept. Not paying could be a viable option for summer toys. If the sticker is may or later, you are losing a lot of next season.

Agreed, in that I think at some point will say 60 days to get stickered. For April and May riders they might be able to get a free 2020 ride but not for their cages.

Closure of Drive Test Centres In Response to COVID-19

March 22, 2020 6:30 P.M.
Ministry of Transportation
TORONTO - Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, and Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation issued the following statement today regarding the status of Drive Test Centres and Travel Point locations:
"Based on the advice of Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all full-time DriveTest Centres and part-time Travel Point locations will be closed. The closures will take effect March 23, 2020 until further notice.
The decision to close was the result of a mutual agreement between the government and service provider.
Ontarians can rest assured they will not lose their current driver's licences due to this decision and no driver's licence applicants will lose test fees as a result of the closures. The current "Fail to Keep Appointment" penalty fee will also be waived.
We have a responsibility to Ontarians to ensure that we take every possible step to enable social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19."

So is it safe to assume that if your m2 course got cancelled and your m1 is expiring soon then is the m1 still going to be good considering rewriting the test is a no go

So 120 for a sticker or 100 for the ticket that gets dropped for buying a sticker? Of course, government.

They only drop the ticket once usually - if they see a trail of tickets they lose interest in dropping them.

A, uh... "Friend" might have operated his pickup truck for 5 years one time with an expired sticker because the sticker was $600/year (truck registered heavy) and the fine was only $100..and since it's akin to a parking ticket (not a moving violation so it has no effect on your record nor insurance) he said it made financial sense. And this "friend" always had a trailer behind the truck so the plates seldom got run. This "Friend" only got caught twice.

*cough*

So is it safe to assume that if your m2 course got cancelled and your m1 is expiring soon then is the m1 still going to be good considering rewriting the test is a no go

Almost certainly. The m1 restrictions will still apply however.

How can I take my course then. I was to take the course on March 28. They cancelled due to coved. Now my m1 expires april1 if the Centers are closed how can I rewrite in order to take my course on April 10

How can I take my course then. I was to take the course on March 28. They cancelled due to coved. Now my m1 expires april1 if the Centers are closed how can I rewrite in order to take my course on April 10
I cant see an april 10 course happening. Sorry. You are stuck with a valid m1 for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom