Selling Frenzy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling Frenzy

Good point.

I have been trying to hunt down an unmolested GXSR-1000 and while there are lots of sellers, when I ask about insurance issues, they never respond.

I'm almost 70 with a clean record for over half a century of riding and can't get any definitive feedback on the model their selling. My worry is if I don't get one of those models soon, my insurance may not cover me once I got older and find one..

Good point.

I have been trying to hunt down an unmolested GXSR-1000 and while there are lots of sellers, when I ask about insurance issues, they never respond.

I'm almost 70 with a clean record for over half a century of riding and can't get any definitive feedback on the model their selling. My worry is if I don't get one of those models soon, my insurance may not cover me once I got older and find one..
What issues are you asking about?

Good point.

When I asked NFP about the GSXr100r and Hayabusa - both were an immediate decline for me. I suspect it may be the same case for an R1.
Best option may be going for a euro 1000cc bike as I qualified for most except for something like the S1000rr

Good point.

Why are you asking about insurance issues? Everyone gets rated differently…they don’t care about your insurance and theirs isn’t anyone’s concern.

When I asked NFP about the GSXr100r and Hayabusa - both were an immediate decline for me. I suspect it may be the same case for an R1.
Best option may be going for a euro 1000cc bike as I qualified for most except for something like the S1000rr
I had my Hayabusa with Desjsrdins. Ins was the same price as my FJR.

I had my Hayabusa with Desjardins. Ins was the same price as my FJR.

I think their rules have changed and it's now blacklisted.

I think their rules have changed and it's now blacklisted.

I keep hearing people saying how Desjardins is blacklisting this and that, or even all sport bikes, but that's not my experience. They don't seem to understand that there are two Desjardins companies, each with their own rules and rates. One is Desjardins Direct, the other is Desjardins through their agents (formerly State Farm). I'm with Desjardins through my former State Farm agency, and have never been told anything was blacklisted.

Same here for everything I own when I asked for a quote. Not sure how they can keep saying they have the best rates available when Desjardins was half the price for most of my bikes. On the other hand, NFP's vintage rates were lower than Desjardins for my Hawk GT, but then there are restrictions.

Good point.

Why not get a quote? Any anecdotal info from a seller is pretty much useless anyway, especially given the various factors that go into rating)

Now that I’m looking closer at FBMP and Kijiji….OP is right. A LOT of bikes are showing up with reduced pricing, and FB keeps the old price so you can compare.

Lots of bikes down $500-2000 from their previous selling price.

BTW maybe this was known already.
Johnson Insurance was bought out by Belairdirect.
Got a letter today letting customers know.

Hold on - you've got your Harley insured under Johnson? We got an employee rate with them when we switched from The Personal to Johnson, but when I requested a quote, they told me my 998, Hyperstrada, SXV's, Hawk, and "anything Ducati or Harley Davidson" were on the restricted list. Sad, because before that, The Personal's rates were amazing, but I never thought to inquire.

Hold on - you've got your Harley insured under Johnson? We got an employee rate with them when we switched from The Personal to Johnson, but when I requested a quote, they told me my 998, Hyperstrada, SXV's, Hawk, and "anything Ducati or Harley Davidson" were on the restricted list. Sad, because before that, The Personal's rates were amazing, but I never thought to inquire.
Yes I do have my HD with Johnson. I got an alumi group rate from my school through them. 🤷‍♂️
Hmm very interesting, I guess more games in the industry just f'n over consumers.

Someone had said that there was a glut of new bikes on the market at the moment.

If I was selling a bike and the buyer was emailing me asking about insurance I wouldn't bother responding either. If I did it would be "Get off your butt and call your ins company for that info". Like MP says, it's different for everyone so if I can get ins on the bike it's not an issue.

Johnson was bought out by Intact. Belair underwrites the personal policies, Intact does the commercial ones. They blacklisted some of my sleds but they would insure sportbikes albeit with expensive rates. No issues with Desjardins with my Duc or BMW.

Back
Top Bottom