Selling a bike with a lien | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling a bike with a lien

When you're sick and haven't worked in two years the ball gets smaller.
Recently found out I won't ever be returning to work, lots is changing...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I recall you mention that a few months ago.

I’m very sorry to hear that. I’d buy that bike but my call is even smaller nowadays.

Unfortunately I'm considering selling my Tracer 900gt. I have a loan owing currently for less than the value of the bike.
Any advice? I've never tried to sell anything with a lien on it.

I just sold my Tracer 900 GT. What year is yours and how many km on it? Shoot me a private message if you wish.

I just sold my Tracer 900 GT. What year is yours and how many km on it? Shoot me a private message if you wish.
Sent you a PM.

unless you KNOW the guy selling a product with a lien , get a clear title. Thats sort of the point of the UVIP, any holds on the product should be shown ?
There are dozens of stories of cars/planes/bikes with all sorts of liens , and not just finance, a mechanic did a $6k engine job and didnt get paid, put a lien on the vehicle.
The best con men in the game seem like the nicest guy you ever met. 98% of guy are great, its the 2% that wrecked it for the rest.

I checked for liens once after buying the bike. Turns out there was a lien on a bike the same as mine only on the VIN an 8 had been swapped for a B. I think somebody was playing a fast one with the bank. But since it had made it's way into the system with the change my VIN was clear.
I think I got really lucky there.

I checked for liens once after buying the bike. Turns out there was a lien on a bike the same as mine only on the VIN an 8 had been swapped for a B. I think somebody was playing a fast one with the bank. But since it had made it's way into the system with the change my VIN was clear.
I think I got really lucky there.
How did they find the similar vin with a lien? I am surprised they have a "similar to" checkbox when searching and manual substitutions would be slow.

How did they find the similar vin with a lien? I am surprised they have a "similar to" checkbox when searching and manual substitutions would be slow.
This was about 40 years ago. I can't recall much more than my Mom in tears thinking my bike would be taken from me.

Back
Top Bottom