Self adjusting motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Self adjusting motorcycles

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter

Hypersport ‘can change shape on the fly.’ This ability is because of the Shift feature, which gives riders the freedom to switch between sports and commuter mode with electronically controlled 4-point adjustability. When you activate this feature, the bike literally shifts its foot pegs, windshield, seat, and handlebars to suit your new riding environment. If you are constantly shuttling between start-stop city traffic and high-speed freeway conditions, Hypersport is the ideal bike for you.

Only a matter of time before we get the Cyclone versions (from the anime):

b76Dw1.gif

200 horsepower :unsure: 200 miles :unsure: 0-60 under 3 seconds :unsure:

:cautious: It must come with a very long extension cord or they are full of ****

200 horsepower :unsure: 200 miles :unsure: 0-60 under 3 seconds :unsure:

:cautious: It must come with a very long extension cord or they are full of ****
Most electric bikes operate very firmly in the OR category. 200 horsepower OR 200 miles. IIRC original Tesla roadsters used up ~1% of battery capacity for each second at full throttle. So it had a decent range if you drove like a grandma OR 1.5 minutes of fast and then it was empty.

0 to 60 in under 3 seconds has already been achieved by bikes with ICE ...nothing new..

I can believe these are calculated maximum numbers based on optimum circumstances that do not actually exist on earth.
What's the rear wheel brake horsepower, after an hour of constant legal highway speed on the battery, because there is no way it still has full voltage by then let alone 200 miles after. The thing is going to be holding up the bicycle lane and needing a push up the hills by 150 miles.

... plus they are going to run what to make this thing change shape, electric servo motors ? where do they get their power from.
lol it has a rear facing camera instead of mirrors and I Know how much power that draws, they are full of ****

Last edited:
I like the idea of this, even if the claims might need to be tempered for reality. Adjustable footpeg and handlebar positions is a great idea (the few bikes that have these adjustments, don't have enough range of motion). Not so sure about the power adjustment of same; I'd settle for multiple hole patterns (like aftermarket rearsets) and/or multiple clamp positions (like some aftermarket handlebars).

A Zero showed up for our Thursday evening ride (~ 120 km of sport riding at non-stupid speeds) a few weeks ago, and made it to the end, although I didn't speak to the rider afterward to see how it was doing on range, because it started pouring rain and we all scattered.

Range >300 km during normal rational riding (non-stupidity) is enough for most people, and if it comes with DC fast charging, it will be enough to go just about anywhere going forward. It won't be that many years until range anxiety is a thing of the past because charging stations will be almost everywhere.

Ride a petrol-powered bike 300 km/h and it will suck its fuel tank dry in 15 or 20 minutes.

... Ride a petrol-powered bike 300 km/h and it will suck its fuel tank dry in 15 or 20 minutes.

:unsure: if you ride the battery bike 300km/h how many minutes will it last at that speed?

... I bet the gas powered bike Smokes the battery bike after a Short while even if he turns the headlights off.

This bike has come up before. IIRC the goals were achievable, but... whether or not "Damon" is an actual functional motorcycle company is a mystery. If you go to Damon Motorcycles and look at the current openings at the bottom, that seems kinda telling to me

That said I really would like it if this thing became real

Last edited:
Yet another startup company looking to get on shark tank TV?
Any brand new electric motorcycle that is designed for performance will not be chock full of electric powered accessories,
those things are achievable but not the least bit practical, why would you put all that stuff on there to run off the battery you need to power the thing, radar and rear view camera with electronic displays, it's stupid when you can put mirrors on it without using any power.

They don't need to build an electric bike with more trap on it, they need to build electric bikes in huge numbers and have them work well.

A Zero showed up for our Thursday evening ride (~ 120 km of sport riding at non-stupid speeds) a few weeks ago, and made it to the end, although I didn't speak to the rider afterward to see how it was doing on range, because it started pouring rain and we all scattered.

Range >300 km during normal rational riding (non-stupidity) is enough for most people, and if it comes with DC fast charging, it will be enough to go just about anywhere going forward. It won't be that many years until range anxiety is a thing of the past because charging stations will be almost everywhere.
Return trip yesterday from downtown to Forks, not riding like grandma or conservatively, with headwinds against me from time to time, was a smidge shy of 150km. I started the ride at 99% battery, and had 30% at the end, so probably another 40km. That range varies wildly depending on model and set up though - I chose the double battery option so I could go further between charges.
How would insurance give rates for such a bike, since there are no CCs?
I'm afraid I'm not much help here really. All I can say is I went from the 98 Ninja 500, and my insurance rate didn't really change. How they determined the rate I have no clue. My own company doesn't even register that my bike exists, so it's all a mystery.

Note: I can change riding modes on the fly as well - obviously doesn't change anything physically on the bike, just the way the motor responds. I've only really done it once though, flipping from Sports to Eco when I got a little too "spirited" on the highway and the battery said "yeahnah". ?

Yamaha had a prototype of something similar back in the early 90's:
So it had a power adjust seat and manual adjust handlebars? Seems backwards to me.

I really like the headlights spaced out instead of in the centre though (3:07 in video)

I like the idea of adjustable controls. Cars have had this for years.

I'm getting kind of old now and my knees don't like high pegs for a long period of time. It would be nice to lower them and raise the bars if I were on the highway. I wouldn't even mind having to stop to do it as long as it was with the touch of a button.

This feature reminds me of the Tumbler in Batman Begins. To shoot the cannon, it goes from a normal car driving position to prone on your belly.

On the fly adjustment for a street bike would be great. Changing ride modes now really means changing ride modes.

On the fly adjustability like this comes at the expense of complexity, cost, weight, and increased risk of failures. I will be interested to see if it is worth it in the end

Back
Top Bottom