Seat Lowering | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seat Lowering

tkbraaps

Im looking for someone in the GTA (east as possible) who does seat lowering. Shaving padding down... for my 2020 KTM SDR.

Anyone know someone who's good? I have a new seat arriving soon i ordered for this. Thanks

Holy! how much padding is on it? You might as well just replace it with a sticker :|

;) jus kidding, good luck with your quest.

yup, not much to do with that seat for lowering

popular solution seems to be raising the forks in the triples
reworking the shock and shortening the side stand
maybe gain about 30 mm

but I wouldn't do it

My F3 seat is very close to being fabric only,
but (on a bike like that) you're suppose to ride the pegs anyway.

Oh wait, do you want to lower the suspension?

It's a DIY project with an electric carving knife and a staple gun.

yup, not much to do with that seat for lowering

popular solution seems to be raising the forks in the triples
reworking the shock and shortening the side stand
maybe gain about 30 mm

but I wouldn't do it

The KTM Powersport ad implies the seat is stock which i can't live with even though its super high for me, but someone told me on a forum that its a higher than stock. That would take it over 33" and I have a ~27" inseam. As i said, I was used to dealing with 32.5" for years, but i figured i would search for options in case the new seat is higher than stock like the guy on the forum told me

It's a DIY project with an electric carving knife and a staple gun.

I like that idea. The staples i think are thru the hard / thick plastic so i wasnt sure how strong of a gun i would need to get thru the plastic. I'm gonna look into that. The carving I can handle and i could do to my thickness liking Thanks

Alpha Auto Trim. 2558 Hensall St unit b, Mississauga, ON L5A 2T3,
Phone: +1 905-279-8872

However, not having any luck on their website.

I suggest try calling them on Monday.

Great Company. Good Luck.

I cut down one of my KLR seats - as suggested an electric bread knife and a stapler are pretty much all you need.
Word of caution - little cuts, then check it out. Its easier to take more foam off than put it back on.

another strategy is to cut a fair bit of the foam out
and insert a gel pad that provides more comfort with a lower profile

and this can really be a DIY project
cover can be stretched back over and re-stapled

Race bikes often just use a chunk of 1/2" inch thick closed cell neoprene foam rubber with an adhesive backing, you can buy it where they sell stuff for marine applications, like they use for lining the inside of a kayak, it only costs about 6 bucks a square foot.

Sportbike saddles are sometimes very narrow at the front, (mine is) you might not have a problem at all reaching the ground once you slide forward a little.

I like that idea. The staples i think are thru the hard / thick plastic so i wasnt sure how strong of a gun i would need to get thru the plastic. I'm gonna look into that. The carving I can handle and i could do to my thickness liking Thanks
Easy peesy. Did the seat on my DRZ. Went the route with new lowering links and sliding the forks up into the triples on my KLR. It sucks to be short and like tall bikes. Life would be easier if I could stomach a cruiser.

I just did a Seat Concepts install this year with an Arrow T50 pneumatic stapler, which made it easy. Don't bother with the Stanley electric, it won't penetrate the pan. I see HD now sells an electric Arrow T50 - if it puts out the same power as the pneumatic version, this might be the way to go if you don't have a compressor.

Hold on, if you're OK with the stock seat height, why not just buy or trade with someone for a stock seat?

Back
Top Bottom