Screaming Heads and Bunny Trails - Saturday August 15th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Screaming Heads and Bunny Trails - Saturday August 15th

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Saturday looks to be another hot one - hopefully the rain holds off.
And if it does, it will be perfect for a spirited ride through Muskoka with lots of technical, twisty roads, including the 518 and the Bunny Trail.
No gravel intended - just paved roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing.
6 riders max. (3 confirmed so far)
Not suitable for new riders.

Pace: responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas tank range should be minimum 200km with breaks every 2 hours or so.
Lunch: Grab something from Subway up in Burks Falls and head over to Screaming Heads to chow down.
Depart: Mississauga @ 6:30am
Meetups: Can use the Timmies/Shell gas station at 400/Innisfil Beach Road as a meet spot around 7:30am.
Return: I have to be back home to Mississauga by 5pm - if we are running behind, then I'll just remove something like Upper Big Chute.
PM or post if up you are in.

Route: expect about 800km (round trip from Mississauga).
Morning: 4:45 / 360km
Mississauga to Midlothian
1597025078747.png

Afternoon: 5:30 / 420km
Midlothian to Mississauga
1597025148869.png

Last edited:
I asked hubby if he'd like to join you for this...he laughed his *&* off and said, "just put me in a casket afterwards"...LOL...

I don't know how you do these marathon days...I'm toast after a 200 km these days... :(

well, I envy you...would so love to be able to do longer days and make the trek out west like you're planning and some others are currently doing...just don't have the stamina for it...this year's been sucky too...haven't ridden nearly as much as I usually do...this whole Covid thing's put me in a funk...anyways, be safe next weekend... :D

I am in for this ride. I am close to Innisfil, so I can meet you guys at the Timmies/Shell gas station at 400/Innisfil Beach Road at around 730 am tomorrow. Let me know.

Screaming Heads is a must see for anyone that hasn't been there. Need to go back and buy a hoodie some day.

Won't be able to join ya on this ride Shane but thanks for posting up your routes (y)
I normally run those roads in the opposite direction so it will be interesting to go against the grain
I will try this next time out but include exploring Chetwynd Rd/518 on the other side of Hwy11 as well

All the best!

Won't be able to join ya on this ride Shane but thanks for posting up your routes (y)
I normally run those roads in the opposite direction so it will be interesting to go against the grain
I will try this next time out but include exploring Chetwynd Rd/518 on the other side of Hwy11 as well

All the best!
I did Chetwynd and east side of the 518 about a month ago and vaguely recall that there was either long stretch of road work, or hard-packed gravel or it was just in poor condition. Just an FYI and post up if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom