Scorpion helmet issue. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scorpion helmet issue.

I live out in the sticks so stuff like this is hard to shop for. If you know the exact measurement, I've found Amazon to be a fair resource for misc bolts. I wouldn't trust them to hold my bike together, but for something to lock your visor to your helmet, it should do ok.

Also, you may have to buy a lot more in bulk, they don't normally sell one offs.

I live out in the sticks so stuff like this is hard to shop for. If you know the exact measurement, I've found Amazon to be a fair resource for misc bolts. I wouldn't trust them to hold my bike together, but for something to lock your visor to your helmet, it should do ok.

Also, you may have to buy a lot more in bulk, they don't normally sell one offs.

Some people think here in Orangeville is the sticks. I received a response from FortNine so hopefully that will lead to something positive

Some may think I'm being petty, but I figure I'm only a few months outside the warranty, not years outside it. I don't think Scorpion would go belly up tomorrow if they sent me the proper sized screw. That's why I'm posting here; I'm reviewing their customer service.

There's both a Bolts Plus and Brafasco here. I can give those a shot depending on the conversation with F9

Maybe check out Brafasco, I've had good luck with them if you can bring in a bolt they can match it or give you options.

If you look around at the traffic and see mostly pickups, you are probably in the sticks! :ROFLMAO:

Memory is fuzzy, but I recall Brafasco only worked with wholesale accounts not direct to consumer.

Honestly, just go to Bolts Plus. Half the time they give me random bolts that I need for free. When I do pay for them it's maybe $.50-1 for a couple bolts. Nicest people as well

Take some crappy sunglasses apart and use the screws from the arms.

Some may think I'm being petty, but I figure I'm only a few months outside the warranty, not years outside it. I don't think Scorpion would go belly up tomorrow if they sent me the proper sized screw. That's why I'm posting here; I'm reviewing their customer service.

Nope, not petty. The LEAST they can do is sell you the screw so you don't need to buy a whole new shield, and if a new shield is the only resolution, they can say goodbye to my future purchases. Which would be sad, because it's SUCH a nice helmet not even considering the price.

Nope, not petty. The LEAST they can do is sell you the screw so you don't need to buy a whole new shield, and if a new shield is the only resolution, they can say goodbye to my future purchases. Which would be sad, because it's SUCH a nice helmet not even considering the price.
Yup. This is a great helmet. I normally wouldn't purchase something this extravagant but I decided to spend a little and get it. I'm very happy with it, aside from this single silly little screw issue.
Some visors have a little lip to raise and lower the helmet, if that was the case I wouldnt be as cheesed but this locking thingy is the only thing for my fingers to grab onto, so now it's awkward to use the shield.

Yup. This is a great helmet. I normally wouldn't purchase something this extravagant but I decided to spend a little and get it. I'm very happy with it, aside from this single silly little screw issue.
Some visors have a little lip to raise and lower the helmet, if that was the case I wouldnt be as cheesed but this locking thingy is the only thing for my fingers to grab onto, so now it's awkward to use the shield.

That button is one of my few gripes about the helmet, and I was wondering what would happen if it broke. Seems like they could have just extended the plastic and had it latch onto the chin, but it does do a good job of locking down the visor seal.

Some people think here in Orangeville is the sticks. I received a response from FortNine so hopefully that will lead to something positive

There's both a Bolts Plus and Brafasco here. I can give those a shot depending on the conversation with F9
Try Bolts+. The last time I was in the Brafasco here in Orangeville they insisted I needed to buy more than the two bolts I needed. I think it was a minimum order of 10. I haven't been back there since!

Update:

FortNine comes through. Scorpion can suck an egg

View attachment 62717
lol.. that's what happened to me too... my Pinlock pin the plastic hook that latches the pinlock shield broke.. contacted HJC via FortNine and FortNine was able to get me a new visor all together...

I mean its kinda silly these helmet companies don't stock like a 50cents part instead... I honestly wanted the tabs.. I will even buy it.. but stupid HJC don't sell it.. mean while AGV does....

good that you got it finally resolved.

1692567670741.png

lol.. that's what happened to me too... my Pinlock pin the plastic hook that latches the pinlock shield broke.. contacted HJC via FortNine and FortNine was able to get me a new visor all together...

I mean its kinda silly these helmet companies don't stock like a 50cents part instead... I honestly wanted the tabs.. I will even buy it.. but stupid HJC don't sell it.. mean while AGV does....

good that you got it finally resolved.

View attachment 62814

i may disassemble the new one, figure out what size bolt it is ,buy a dozen of them and reassemble with blue locktite.

i may disassemble the new one, figure out what size bolt it is ,buy a dozen of them and reassemble with blue locktite.
Be careful using Loctite around plastic, as certain types of plastics can react and become brittle and crack. The ideal solution would be a fastener with a nylon patch. If the screw is M2 or M2.5, you could look for replacement screws for laptops, as these are often available with patches.

Back
Top Bottom